Where Can I Find Quality Resources for Learning Geometry?

In summary, the person is a math graduate looking to learn geometry, specifically differential geometry. They have taken a GR course and are now seeking resources such as lecture videos to learn the underlying theory. They have not found any relevant resources in the resource forum. They mention the possibility of moving the conversation to a different section.
Jerbearrrrrr
Hi, I'm trying to learn some geometry. I'm a maths graduate but didn't take any differential geometry. I did take a GR course, and now want to learn the 'proper' geometry theory that underlies some of the ideas.

Does anyone have any good resources (videos, or lecture notes) that they can recommend? Thanks

Mainly looking for lecture videos since I can find texts myself (eventually). (I checked the resource forum but couldn't find anything on diff geom)

Thanks

sorry if this is in the wrong section >< would be happy to see it moved if so

Physics news on Phys.org
This is discussable, but in my opinion, the best books are the trio by john m. lee.

I don't know any great video lectures about this on the internet.

Related to Where Can I Find Quality Resources for Learning Geometry?

1. What are some reliable websites for learning geometry?

Some reliable websites for learning geometry include Khan Academy, MathisFun, and Geometry Help. These websites offer interactive lessons, practice problems, and step-by-step explanations to help understand geometry concepts.

2. Are there any free online resources for studying geometry?

Yes, there are many free online resources for studying geometry. Some examples include YouTube channels like Mathantics and Mathbff, as well as websites like Mathwarehouse and Mathplanet.

3. Can you recommend any geometry apps for mobile devices?

Some popular geometry apps for mobile devices include GeoGebra, Geometry Pad, and Euclidea. These apps offer features such as interactive diagrams, problem-solving tools, and quizzes to help improve geometry skills.

4. Are there any geometry textbooks that you would recommend?

There are many good geometry textbooks available, but some popular choices include "Geometry" by Holt McDougal, "Geometry: Seeing, Doing, Understanding" by Harold R. Jacobs, and "Geometry: Concepts and Applications" by Glencoe McGraw-Hill. It is also helpful to check with your school or teacher to see if they have a specific textbook they recommend.

5. Are there any online communities or forums for discussing geometry concepts?

Yes, there are several online communities and forums where students and teachers can discuss geometry concepts and ask for help. Some examples include Math Stack Exchange, The Math Forum, and r/math on Reddit. These communities are also a great way to connect with others who are passionate about geometry and share resources.