Where Can I Find Piezo Discs for My Project on Piezoelectricity in Canada?

• Thread starter ninja.lion
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Piezo
In summary, piezo disks are small electronic components made of a piezoelectric material that produce a small electrical voltage when mechanical stress is applied. They are commonly used in electronic devices, musical instruments, and medical equipment. When choosing a piezo disk, it is important to consider the size, shape, and frequency response. They can be damaged if subjected to excessive force or voltage, and should be handled carefully with appropriate voltage levels. To use a piezo disk in a circuit, it can be connected through soldering or a connector and used for various purposes such as producing sound or measuring pressure.
ninja.lion
I am doing a project on piezoelectricty and i need to know where to get piezo disks that will have this effect
i live in Canada and fast shipping is preffered

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org

Related to Where Can I Find Piezo Discs for My Project on Piezoelectricity in Canada?

1. What are piezo disks and how do they work?

Piezo disks are small electronic components made of a piezoelectric material, such as quartz or ceramic. When mechanical stress is applied to the disk, it produces a small electrical voltage. This phenomenon is known as the piezoelectric effect and is used to convert mechanical energy into electrical energy.

2. What are the common uses of piezo disks?

Piezo disks are commonly used in electronic devices such as buzzers, sensors, and acoustic transducers. They are also used in musical instruments, ultrasonic cleaning devices, and medical equipment.

3. How do I choose the right piezo disk for my project?

The most important factors to consider when choosing a piezo disk are the size, shape, and frequency response. The size and shape of the disk will determine its sensitivity and the type of mounting needed. The frequency response will determine the range of frequencies the disk can produce.

4. Can piezo disks be damaged or worn out?

Yes, piezo disks can be damaged or worn out if they are subjected to excessive force or voltage. It is important to handle them carefully and to use appropriate voltage levels to prevent damage.

5. How do I connect and use piezo disks in my circuit?

Piezo disks can be connected to a circuit by soldering or using a connector. It is important to follow the manufacturer's instructions for proper wiring and to use a suitable voltage source. The disk can then be used to produce sound, measure pressure, or detect vibrations depending on the application.