Where Can I Find Dark Matter Bibliography and Experimental Results?

In summary, for finding articles and papers on dark matter and the most recent experimental results, you can try a university library journal collection or the website arxiv.org. You can also try Googling the topic or looking on Wikipedia for references, and branch out from there. Another resource is the Particle Data Group's website, which has a review specifically on dark matter.
estrella
1. Homework Statement [/b
where i can find articles and paper on the subject of dark matter and the most recent experimental resolts on this subject? Any suggestions on bibliography?

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Physics news on Phys.org
Try a university library journal collection if you can. If not, this site is useful:

http://arxiv.org/

buffordboy23 said:
Try a university library journal collection if you can. If not, this site is useful:

http://arxiv.org/

That's a fine suggestion. But it's almost exclusively highly technical. I'm guessing you wouldn't be asking for help if you wanted something on that level. Why don't you just start by googling it, like everyone else does these days when they know nothing about a subject? Even Wikipedia has references on the subject and they will lead you to Sci Am articles and such. You can branch out from there.

where i can find articles and paper on the subject of dark matter and the most recent experimental resolts on this subject? Any suggestions on bibliography?

You've received good suggestions. You could also try the Particle Data Groups's website,

http://pdg.lbl.gov/2008/reviews/darkmatrpp.pdf.

Related to Where Can I Find Dark Matter Bibliography and Experimental Results?

What is dark matter?

Dark matter is a type of matter that is believed to make up approximately 27% of the universe. It is invisible and does not emit or absorb light, making it difficult to detect. Its existence is inferred through its gravitational effects on visible matter.

Why is dark matter important?

Dark matter plays a crucial role in the structure and evolution of the universe. It helps to explain the observed rotation of galaxies, the distribution of galaxies, and the large-scale structure of the universe.

How do scientists study dark matter?

Scientists study dark matter through various methods such as gravitational lensing, observations of the cosmic microwave background, and simulations of the universe. They also use data from particle accelerators to search for new particles that could make up dark matter.

What is the current understanding of dark matter?

The current understanding of dark matter is that it is a non-baryonic, or non-atomic, substance that interacts with normal matter only through gravity. It is distributed throughout the universe in halos surrounding galaxies and clusters of galaxies.

What are the potential implications of dark matter?

The potential implications of dark matter include a better understanding of the fundamental laws of physics, the possibility of discovering new particles, and the potential for new technologies based on our understanding of dark matter. It could also provide insights into the fate and ultimate structure of the universe.