Best Ads Ever Seen - Wonder How They Work?

• Thread starter Monique
  • Start date
In summary, The conversation is about the use of ads on a website and the suggestion to switch to a different ad provider. One person argues for keeping the current ads, while another suggests using text ads instead of picture banners. There is also a mention of potential spamming and including ads in the newsletter. The conversation ends with someone admitting they never noticed the ads on the forum.
Monique
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Those are the best ads I have ever seen! That was a very very good choice putting those on this site

How do they work? I even saw a Dutch add !?

Physics news on Phys.org
It's actually a very neat system. Google dyanmicly analyzes the page the ad is on and the user header information to serve relevant ads. Unfortunately they aren't bringing in much money so I may switch to another provider.

ahw! keep the adds! :wink:

Actually, I am serious, most of the ads support good causes or provide nice links to interesting pages..

Well, greg, please please use a ad server like google that just does text ads instead of picture banners. No only would that give us the old bandwidth problems again, but that it takes forever to load, and is pretty distracting...

Originally posted by FZ+
Well, greg, please please use a ad server like google that just does text ads instead of picture banners.

What about hundreds of pop unders/over ads and some neat flashy flash animations that scream buy me.

hmm, i wouldn't mind :wink:

[edit] Also, what about selling our email addresses to spammers. And maybe including some advertisements in the monthly newsletter.

I can't get enough advertisments.

Last edited:
i never even noticed that there were ads in this forum...

What makes an ad effective?

An effective ad is one that captures the attention of its target audience, communicates the message clearly, and motivates them to take action. This can be achieved through various elements such as creativity, emotional appeal, relevance, and a strong call to action.

How do advertisers measure the success of an ad?

The success of an ad can be measured through various metrics such as reach, engagement, click-through rates, and conversion rates. Advertisers may also conduct surveys or focus groups to gather feedback and insights from the target audience.

What role does psychology play in creating effective ads?

Psychology plays a significant role in creating effective ads as it helps advertisers understand the behavior and motivations of their target audience. By tapping into human emotions, advertisers can create ads that resonate with their audience and drive action.

What are some common techniques used in creating effective ads?

Some common techniques used in creating effective ads include storytelling, humor, fear appeal, celebrity endorsements, and visual appeal. These techniques help to capture the attention of the audience and make the ad memorable.

How do ads evolve over time?

Ads evolve over time as consumer preferences, market trends, and technology change. Advertisers adapt their strategies to stay relevant and appeal to their target audience. With the rise of digital advertising, ads have become more interactive and personalized, with a greater focus on data-driven insights.