Wheatstone bridge with inductances

In summary, the conversation is about a physics problem involving the Junction Rule and Loop Rule. The speakers have tried various equations and methods, but have not been able to solve the problem yet. They are seeking suggestions and help from others.
chohocvo

Homework Statement

PS2-1.jpg

Homework Equations

Assume we have Vab.
Junction Rule:
I1 = I3 + I4 => I'1 = I'3 + I'4
I5 = I2 + I3 => I'5 = I'2 + I'3
Loop Rule:
V - L1I'1 - L4I'4 = 0
-L1I'1 - L3I'3 + L2I'2 = 0
V - L1I'1 - L3I'3 - L5I'5 = 0
V - L2I'2 - L5I'5 = 0

The Attempt at a Solution

First I tried 2 junction equations and 3 loops without V. Then I eliminated to the last 2 equations with 2 unknown, but I got 2 same equations.
Now I try with the equations above and still got 2 same equations.
I'm thinking maybe it's not write to say that I1 = I3 + I4 => I'1 = I'3 + I'4.
I need some suggestions about what loop should I use.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I have that problem too! we had a group of hella people from 2 physics 421 classes working on that! we didn't get an answer, any new luck?

Come Back Online! I am with a study partner trying to figure this out! we can ConVerSate! Share Ideas! ! ! !

ε=Leq[1/[(1/di1)+(1/di2)]]

Sorry I don't have any idea yet. Are u from Shiwen class also?

Last edited:
Yeah, this question blows! we've worked it more than a dozen ways with more than a dozen other people! but the rest of the problems were easy

Related to Wheatstone bridge with inductances

What is a Wheatstone Bridge with inductances?

A Wheatstone Bridge with inductances is a type of electrical circuit that is used to measure unknown values of inductance. It consists of four resistors and two inductors arranged in a specific way to create a balanced bridge circuit.

How does a Wheatstone Bridge with inductances work?

A Wheatstone Bridge with inductances works by comparing the unknown inductance with a known value of inductance. The circuit is designed in such a way that when the two inductances are equal, the bridge is balanced and there is no current flowing through the galvanometer.

What are the applications of a Wheatstone Bridge with inductances?

A Wheatstone Bridge with inductances is commonly used in electronic circuits and devices to measure and calibrate inductances. It is also used in industries for quality control and testing of inductors and other electronic components.

What are the advantages of using a Wheatstone Bridge with inductances?

One of the main advantages of a Wheatstone Bridge with inductances is its high measurement accuracy. It is also a simple and cost-effective way to measure inductances. Additionally, the bridge can be easily modified to measure a wide range of inductances.

What are the limitations of a Wheatstone Bridge with inductances?

One limitation of a Wheatstone Bridge with inductances is that it can only measure inductances within a certain range. It also requires a stable power supply and precise resistors to ensure accurate measurements. In addition, the circuit can be affected by external magnetic fields, which can cause measurement errors.