What's your favorite line dance?

• Thread starter rcgldr
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Line
In summary, the conversation discusses various line dances, including the original hustle, the good time, and the Superbad shuffle. The speaker expresses their dislike for line dancing and believes it is a nuisance in social settings. They also mention their experience with line dancers taking up space on the dance floor.
rcgldr
Homework Helper
For those of you that pick none of the below, you don't need to reply in this thread.

If you happen to be stuck in a Phillipine prison, you might learn a few line dances, like the original hustle:

If you like both country and western, there's the good time:

Electric Slide had country and disco versions, but I couldn't find good examples of either:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oq-psT_5bB0&hd=1

Saturday Night Fever line dance (won't make you suffer through any of these).

Superbad (James Brown) Shuffle, probably the best (at least longest sequence) of the line dances:

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
With no offense intended, the only line dance that I would like is one in which all of the participants died. That particular "art form" is a blight upon society.

Danger said:
That particular "art form" is a blight upon society.
Or a punishiment for Phillipine prisoners?

rcgldr said:
Or a punishiment for Phillipine prisoners?

Being a somewhat youngish Canuk, I'm afraid that the reference eludes me. :confused:
All that I know about it is based upon experience. During the 17 years that I spent bartending in a cowboy joint, those line dancers were the second worst pestilence that we had. They took up the entire floor where less indoctrinated people were trying to really dance. They're okay as a display, like in a floor show, but they have no business taking up space that others with a true joy of dancing would like to occupy.

A classic -

y = mx + b

lisab said:
A classic -

y = mx + b

The easier version:

[tex]y-y_1=m(x-x_1)[/tex]

Too many steps in the classic version!

Related to What's your favorite line dance?

What is a "Favorite Line Dance"?

A "Favorite Line Dance" is a type of dance where a group of people perform a series of choreographed steps in a line formation. It is typically done to a specific song and has become popular at social events and dance clubs.

How did "Favorite Line Dance" become popular?

The origins of "Favorite Line Dance" can be traced back to traditional folk dances that were performed in a line formation. In the 1970s and 1980s, country music and country line dancing gained popularity, leading to the development of modern line dances. With the rise of social media and online tutorials, "Favorite Line Dance" has become even more popular and widespread.

Do you need any dance experience to do "Favorite Line Dance"?

No, "Favorite Line Dance" is accessible to people of all ages and dance abilities. The steps are typically simple and repetitive, making it easy for beginners to learn. Plus, it's a great way to get some exercise and have fun at the same time!

What are some popular "Favorite Line Dances"?

Some popular "Favorite Line Dances" include the Cupid Shuffle, Cha Cha Slide, Electric Slide, and the Macarena. However, new line dances are constantly being created and shared, so there is always something new to learn and enjoy.

Are there any health benefits to doing "Favorite Line Dance"?

Yes, "Favorite Line Dance" can provide various health benefits such as improving cardiovascular fitness, coordination, and balance. It can also be a great stress reliever and boost overall mood and mental well-being. Additionally, dancing in a group setting can help improve social connections and promote a sense of community.