Ok, what's up with all the birthdays?

• Thread starter Monique
  • Start date
In summary, on January 1st there were an unusually high number of birthdays in a conversation. The reason for this is either due to incorrect information or inactive users. However, one user, Ivan Seeking, is truly celebrating their birthday. The conversation also includes a list of other users with birthdays on that day. Some users also comment on the interesting and unique usernames in the conversation.
Monique
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
It is January 1st and there are like, a LOT of birthdays.. about 7 times more than normal.

Do we have a lot of cheaters or is this really a true phenomena?

Physics news on Phys.org
OH! BTW

Happy Birthday to Ivan Seeking!

It really IS your birthday.. isn't it?

Those are either the lazy ones who didn't fill their information correctly, or those are the ones who never posted in here ...

Try to check the number of posts for each one (except Ivan )

Ivan seeking his own birthday?

This is the list: ;-)

Tesla , farmany (26), Silvia (24), muhammad ajaz (19), vlamir , Ivan Seeking , sunny (24), ERGSSUCK_1 , THE MIND , Taghi(26), BigHead (52), TeT (27), Lrdmora (31), kapil (26), saltron (23), Quasar , Ahsan_al_Hadees (22), captain_planet (18), Natalie , StringFan(4), bstanton (43), Rockdog (20), Juntao (20), serapgecu (22), Phyzor , black powder devil , hijabigurl (19), SailingMD (54), one step hyper (45),ee , Geekthing (23), dead_prez4 , prashantmg123 (24), Steve Knott (20), vmsrvignesh (20), janm204 (21), JLawrenceIV , BluE (24),HeavensWarFire , TheDream , yasir (34), platypus (18), widi (24), cuto9 (30), ali Adam (50), map85 (19), sam2 (25)

And BTW some of these names are really great!

Happy Birthday Ivan Seeking!

I enjoy your skepticism and debunking section!

Originally posted by pelastration
This is the list: ;-)

Tesla , farmany (26), Silvia (24), muhammad ajaz (19), vlamir , Ivan Seeking , sunny (24), ERGSSUCK_1 , THE MIND , Taghi(26), BigHead (52), TeT (27), Lrdmora (31), kapil (26), saltron (23), Quasar , Ahsan_al_Hadees (22), captain_planet (18), Natalie , StringFan(4), bstanton (43), Rockdog (20), Juntao (20), serapgecu (22), Phyzor , black powder devil , hijabigurl (19), SailingMD (54), one step hyper (45),ee , Geekthing (23), dead_prez4 , prashantmg123 (24), Steve Knott (20), vmsrvignesh (20), janm204 (21), JLawrenceIV , BluE (24),HeavensWarFire , TheDream , yasir (34), platypus (18), widi (24), cuto9 (30), ali Adam (50), map85 (19), sam2 (25)

And BTW some of these names are really great!

And I choose my own stupid name.. hmmph I could have been something really cool or mysterious!

thanks everyone.

:smile:

Originally posted by Adrian Baker
And I choose my own stupid name.. hmmph I could have been something really cool or mysterious!
Adrian Baker ... Is that your real name!?? Whaaw. I always thought that was a real cool nickname! Symbolic like: feeding the people with great ideas!:wink:

1. Why do we celebrate birthdays?

Birthdays are a celebration of the day a person was born. It is a way to commemorate and honor a person's life and existence.

2. When did the tradition of celebrating birthdays begin?

The tradition of celebrating birthdays dates back to ancient civilizations, such as the Egyptians and Greeks. However, it became more widespread during the Roman Empire, where people would celebrate the birthdays of gods and emperors.

3. Is there a scientific reason behind aging and birthdays?

Yes, aging is a natural biological process that occurs due to the gradual decline and deterioration of cells and tissues in the body. Birthdays serve as a reminder of this process and the passing of time.

4. Why do we blow out candles on a birthday cake?

This tradition can be traced back to ancient Greece, where people would offer cakes and candles to the goddess of the moon, Artemis. It was believed that the smoke from the candles would carry their prayers to the heavens.

5. Is there a connection between astrology and birthdays?

While some people believe that a person's zodiac sign and birth date can influence their personality and future, there is no scientific evidence to support this claim. Astrology is considered a pseudoscience and is not widely accepted in the scientific community.