Conflicted Feelings: Moving On from High School

In summary, moving on from high school can be a time of conflicting emotions for many individuals. While it marks the end of a significant chapter in one's life, it also brings about the excitement and uncertainty of new beginnings. The nostalgia for the past and the fear of the future can create a sense of conflict within oneself. However, it is important to embrace these conflicting feelings and use them as motivation to grow and move forward. Whether it is pursuing higher education, starting a career, or exploring new opportunities, the process of moving on from high school is a natural and necessary part of life.
The girl already said she wants to be "Just Friends". Meaning no chance in hell.

Physics news on Phys.org
The girl already said she wants to be "Just Friends". Meaning no chance in hell.

Nah. There's still a very slim chance. All op has to do is change his way of interacting with girls.

jeez man, you are unlucky, first you take ages to show your intention then you are too quick to show it. Maybe the next time you'll get it right (like Goldilocks and the 3 bears)!

Originally posted by jimmy p
jeez man, you are unlucky, first you take ages to show your intention then you are too quick to show it. Maybe the next time you'll get it right (like Goldilocks and the 3 bears)!

:( this game sucks

Love is a 6,000 year old game

Prudens did nothing wrong - the girl just didn't feel the same way, such is the game of love. The important thing is that he did find out one way or the other how she felt. Keep trying and you will eventually suceed.

And believe me, the girl is up in the clouds now for having gotten such attention so you didn't get anywhere, but there is nothing to feel bad about either, since you made her day, right?

Originally posted by Monique
And believe me, the girl is up in the clouds now for having gotten such attention so you didn't get anywhere, but there is nothing to feel bad about either, since you made her day, right?

I really do hope I made a mistake and that was making things too quick, and I hope next time I see her she would give me another chance... 359 days.. sigh

Originally posted by PrudensOptimus
... 359 days.. sigh
Not really a good foundation to start a relation from, is it? Or were you planning on becoming pen-friends?

Prudens, you didn't make a mistake, she just isn't interested in you romantically. If someone does like you, how you act is of little consequence - there is little you can do to change someone's mind about you, unless you do something truly horrible. That is all there is to it - go find someone who is. Keep trying and eventually you will suceed. Don't second guess yourself, and don't apologize for your actions.

Good advice :) Don't second guess and don't apologize, don't be bitter either!

The fact she can't go out with you, doesn't mean she can't be friends with you, or that you are not likable :)

The fact she can't go out with you, doesn't mean she can't be friends with you, or that you are not likable :)

Be good friends with her if you can't make it anything more than that. This way, she can introduce you to her friends who might be interested in you.

Super idea!

Btw, did anyone see that guy with the white horse yet? Please direct him to me when he stops by.. if I am not here.. ask him to wait or leave a message for me.. I appreciate it :wink:

Last edited:
Btw, did anyone see that guy with the white horse yet? Please direct him to me when he stops by.. if I am not here.. ask him to wait or leave a message for me.. I appreciate it :wink:
He's at MY house!

Originally posted by Tsunami
He's at MY house!
YOU.. YOU..

YOU.. YOU..
Hey! Don't call me a 'you you'!

If someone does like you, how you act is of little consequence - there is little you can do to change someone's mind about you,

How you act will determine if someone likes you.

Originally posted by Bubonic Plague
How you act will determine if someone likes you.

I did the best I could... in the short 3 days I spent at convention.

Sigh... She's just soo perfect, I want to suicide now. Bye.[b(]

Sigh... She's just soo perfect, I want to suicide now. Bye.[b(]
Now wait just a goll dang minute. I swear, you men are SO FICKLE! What the heck ever happened to Babe #1?? Remember her? The one in your first post? And was I imagining it, or was there another one in between? So, which one are you going to 'suicide' over? BS, PO! Get your pheromones out into the world and see what they attract! You don't have to do anything to impress anyone. Just be yourself. That'll be enough when the right one comes around. Until then, HAVE (careful) FUN!

Sigh... She's just soo perfect, I want to suicide now. Bye.

Relax, i know how rejection feels too. Think of it this way, it's her loss that she didn't get you.

You don't have to do anything to impress anyone. Just be yourself. That'll be enough when the right one comes around.

And what if the right one comes around and he hasn't sharpened his skill? He needs to practise, so quit slating him(and us men).

Last edited:
I really don't see what people are complaining about. Unless you're a complete social retard like me, unable to even conjure basic sentence structure around women and other strange creatures, then you've got no problems. It's not that I find women intimidating or such, just terribly strange and confusing. Women are odd.

As for that girl being "perfect", well... I think that any girl willing to put up with us and take us in should be considered perfect. Of course I considered my ex-girlfriend perfect, until she ripped my heart out, put it in the blender on high for thirty seconds, then mixed it with kibble and fed it to her dogs.

Originally posted by Adam
I really don't see what people are complaining about. Unless you're a complete social retard like me, unable to even conjure basic sentence structure around women and other strange creatures, then you've got no problems. It's not that I find women intimidating or such, just terribly strange and confusing. Women are odd.

As for that girl being "perfect", well... I think that any girl willing to put up with us and take us in should be considered perfect. Of course I considered my ex-girlfriend perfect, until she ripped my heart out, put it in the blender on high for thirty seconds, then mixed it with kibble and fed it to her dogs.
Charming. No wonder you don't want to be bothered!

Originally posted by Chrono
Be good friends with her if you can't make it anything more than that. This way, she can introduce you to her friends who might be interested in you.

... How could I ... I don't know why, I just don't feel comfortable ever talk to her after being rejected.

Originally posted by Tsunami
Charming. No wonder you don't want to be bothered!
Hey, it's not my fault she was pure evil!

Having a lot of women as friends is a good move. You can acquire a reputation as a ladie's man quickly with very little work.

... How could I ... I don't know why, I just don't feel comfortable ever talk to her after being rejected.
She didn't reject you, you were good friends right? I've got guys I don't go out with who are good friends, give it some time and you'll feel different.

Apparently she wasn't the right girl, don't be desperate, girls pick up on that.

Hey, it's not my fault she was pure evil!
We ALL are! Just ask Ivan!

She mentioned she "doesn't feel the same way."

Now, her family is very strict and her older sister still hasn't got a boyfriend... Could she umm, said "doesn't feel the same way." meaning "it's not time for me, yet" ??

It means: let's just stay friends.

And "let's just stay friends" translates as "not in a million years".

And "let's just stay friends" translates as "not in a million years".
Thanks for cheering him up.

We're supposed to be cheering him up? Oops. Sorry.

I was just pointing out that girls speak an entirely different variety of English, and it needs translation.

oh well :)

Yeah Prudens, she's pretty clear that she can't be your gf. But you should not feel so bad that she said that, she seems to have a lot of respect for you.

Only feel bad when a girl is disrespectfull and starts badmouthing you.

Only feel bad when a girl is disrespectfull and starts badmouthing you.

But when you do respect her and she puts in good words about you to her friends, it's just as I said before, her friends might be single and be interested in you.

Last edited:
<h2>1. What are conflicted feelings?</h2><p>Conflicted feelings refer to experiencing two or more conflicting emotions at the same time. This can often lead to confusion, uncertainty, and difficulty in making decisions.</p><h2>2. Why do high school students experience conflicted feelings when moving on?</h2><p>High school students are at a transitional stage in their lives, where they are leaving behind the familiar and entering into the unknown. This can trigger a range of emotions such as excitement, fear, sadness, and anxiety, leading to conflicted feelings.</p><h2>3. How can one cope with conflicted feelings when moving on from high school?</h2><p>It is important to acknowledge and accept your conflicted feelings. Talk to someone you trust, such as a friend or family member, about your emotions. Engage in self-care activities, such as exercise, journaling, or meditation, to help manage your emotions. Seek support from a therapist if needed.</p><h2>4. Is it normal to have conflicted feelings about leaving high school?</h2><p>Yes, it is completely normal to have conflicted feelings about leaving high school. It is a significant milestone in one's life, and it is natural to experience a range of emotions during this transition.</p><h2>5. How long do conflicted feelings about moving on from high school last?</h2><p>The duration of conflicted feelings can vary for each individual. It depends on the person's coping mechanisms, support system, and the significance of the transition. It is essential to give yourself time and be patient with your emotions.</p>

1. What are conflicted feelings?

Conflicted feelings refer to experiencing two or more conflicting emotions at the same time. This can often lead to confusion, uncertainty, and difficulty in making decisions.

2. Why do high school students experience conflicted feelings when moving on?

High school students are at a transitional stage in their lives, where they are leaving behind the familiar and entering into the unknown. This can trigger a range of emotions such as excitement, fear, sadness, and anxiety, leading to conflicted feelings.

3. How can one cope with conflicted feelings when moving on from high school?

It is important to acknowledge and accept your conflicted feelings. Talk to someone you trust, such as a friend or family member, about your emotions. Engage in self-care activities, such as exercise, journaling, or meditation, to help manage your emotions. Seek support from a therapist if needed.

4. Is it normal to have conflicted feelings about leaving high school?

Yes, it is completely normal to have conflicted feelings about leaving high school. It is a significant milestone in one's life, and it is natural to experience a range of emotions during this transition.

5. How long do conflicted feelings about moving on from high school last?

The duration of conflicted feelings can vary for each individual. It depends on the person's coping mechanisms, support system, and the significance of the transition. It is essential to give yourself time and be patient with your emotions.