What was the volume of mango drink in each glass?

In summary, Xinyi used 2 bottles of mango syrup and 9 litres of water to make a mango drink. The volume of mango drink in each glass was (2n+9)/20, and the total amount of mango drink made was 13 liters.
Johnx1
Xinyi used 2 bottles of mango syrup and 9 litres of water to make a mango drink. There were n litres of mango syrup in each bottle and she then pouredthe mango drink equally into 20 glasses.

a) What was the volume of mango drink in each glass? Give your answer in terms of n.

my answer: (2n+9)/20b) There were 2 L of mango syrup in each bottle. How much mango drink did Xinyi make in all?

my answer: Since n is litters. 2 * 2 + 9 = 13

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Johnx said:
Xinyi used 2 bottles of mango syrup and 9 litres of water to make a mango drink. There were n litres of mango syrup in each bottle and she then pouredthe mango drink equally into 20 glasses.

a) What was the volume of mango drink in each glass? Give your answer in terms of n.

my answer: (2n+9)/20b) There were 2 L of mango syrup in each bottle. How much mango drink did Xinyi make in all?

Looks good! (Yes)

Johnx said:

I would say, rather, "since n is 2 liters, 2*2+ 9= 13 liters." The unit is important.

Related to What was the volume of mango drink in each glass?

1. How do you measure the volume of the mango drink in each glass?

The volume of a liquid can be measured using a graduated cylinder or a measuring cup.

2. Can the volume of the mango drink vary from glass to glass?

Yes, the volume of the mango drink can vary from glass to glass depending on how much was poured into each glass.

3. Is there a standard volume for each glass of mango drink?

No, the volume of a glass can vary depending on the size and shape of the glass. It is important to measure the liquid in each glass individually.

4. How can you calculate the volume of the mango drink if the glass is not a standard shape?

The volume of an irregularly shaped glass can be determined by measuring the amount of water it can hold and then subtracting the volume of any objects, such as ice cubes, that are in the glass.

5. Why is it important to know the volume of the mango drink in each glass?

Knowing the volume of the mango drink in each glass can help with portion control and ensuring that each glass has the correct amount of liquid.