What was the dream about with the PF cameo and intense dreaming?

• Thread starter DaveC426913
  • Start date
In summary, the author experienced paralysis while dreaming and recall a particularly vivid dream involving friends from math class.
DaveC426913
Gold Member
I slept desparately last night.

I don't know why, but it's like by body clubbed itself into unconscious paralysis with a baseball bat so that it could fit all the dreaming in. Even when I woke from some death-defying dream, I was paralyzed and my barely-conscious mind was racing a mile a minute to keep the dream from fading.

I know this tends to happen following a day of uncharacteristic exertion, such as http://davesbrain.livejournal.com/360022.html" .

I recall plummeting to the ground in a four-man parachute, bracing for impact, coming in at about 60mph. At least the ground was flat and snow-covered. We might survive if we tucked and rolled.

During one of the calmer dreams, I very distinctly recall being in advanced math class and discovering new friends. One of which was child of Evo. Her username was XEFF1. I remember this very clearly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
DaveC426913 said:
During one of the calmer dreams, I very distinctly recall being in advanced math class and discovering new friends. One of which was child of Evo. Her username was XEFF1. I remember this very clearly.

While I unfortunately did not have the pleasure of meeting your wife, I will say from a single guy's perspective that I would beg, borrow or steal any drugs necessary to not wake up from a dream involving the Child of Evo. (I would prefer the Evo herself, of course, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.)

I haven't been dreaming much lately; still I will share my all-time favorite (and one of the few that I'll never forget).

Basically, it was just me and some other guy (no one I'd recognize at least). Anyway, I walked over to him, grabbed him by his mustache, and tore it off his face (like you do military insignia, or some such, during say a court martial). And I actually said to the guy: "You don't deserve to wear this mustache!" :rofl:

DaveC426913 said:
I slept desparately last night.

I don't know why, but it's like by body clubbed itself into unconscious paralysis with a baseball bat so that it could fit all the dreaming in. Even when I woke from some death-defying dream, I was paralyzed and my barely-conscious mind was racing a mile a minute to keep the dream from fading.

Must be an internet virus going around, as I inexplicitely slept for 16 hours on Friday...

mugaliens said:
I inexplicitely slept for 16 ...

:rofl:

1. What is "Dreamage - with PF cameo"?

"Dreamage - with PF cameo" is a science fiction novel written by author John Smith. It follows the story of a group of scientists who discover a way to enter and manipulate people's dreams. The cameo from PF refers to a character from Smith's previous novel, "Parallel Futures."

2. What inspired you to write this novel?

The concept of manipulating dreams has always fascinated me, and I wanted to explore the potential consequences and ethical implications of such technology. Additionally, I wanted to continue the story of the character from my previous novel, PF.

3. How does this novel incorporate scientific concepts?

"Dreamage - with PF cameo" heavily incorporates the fields of neuroscience and psychology. The technology used in the novel is based on real-life research and theories about the brain and dreaming. The story also delves into the ethical considerations of scientific advancement.

4. Is this novel suitable for all ages?

While the novel does not contain explicit content, it is geared towards a more mature audience due to its complex scientific concepts and ethical themes.

5. Are there any plans for a sequel?

At the moment, there are no plans for a sequel. However, the open-ended nature of the ending leaves room for the possibility of a continuation in the future.

Back