Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

What TV shows do you watch?

• Admin

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
I'm really into a few series. My favorite show right now is Breaking Bad. Highly recommend it. The first few seasons of Dexter were amazing but the show has gone downhill. Also recently on BBC there has been the best version of Sherlock Holmes I have ever seen. Recommend as well Shameless and Californication (both on Showtime) and finally The Big Bang Theory. A few more shows I watch when I can: House, The Mentalist and The Office (yuck).

What about you?

Alexmahone

Jan 26, 2012
Law and Order
The Big Bang Theory

Spam

Feb 20, 2012
I agree with Breaking Bad. Maybe my n°1 TV series.
But since I'm catching up with Oz, I'm wondering if this one shouldn't be n°1 ! Anyway, they are two really AMAZING shows.
Another recommanded one : Six Feet Under, maybe the only show which made me feel like I learned something while watching it : truly overwhelming.

I have also been recently disappointed by Dexter and some other show such as Boardwalk Empire (which first seemed to be outstanding !).
Anyway, with my exams coming nearer and nearer, I don't find the time to watch as much as I used to...
Yet, I keep watching Oz :')

Random Variable

MHB Math Helper
Jan 31, 2012
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
The Big Bang Theory
After Lately
Storage Wars
The King of Queens

Deveno

MHB Math Scholar
Feb 15, 2012
i watch a lot of tv. shows i watch (in no particular order):

House
Castle
Person of Interest
Dexter
CSI
Unforgettable
Game of Thrones
Once Upon A Time
Grimm
The River

probably forgetting some stuff. oh well.

Sherlock

Jan 28, 2012
Also recently on BBC there has been the best version of Sherlock Holmes I have ever seen.
You rang?

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

I really hope Moriarty returns in the next series somehow. The BBC also screened Inside Men, the last episode of which will be transmitted tomorrow night on BBC one (I imagine the whole series will be available on iplayer for a while after, though). I think it's really good.

Last edited:

CaptainBlack

Jan 26, 2012
Big Bang Theory
Sherlock (which I don't like very much because it is too predictable)
Dr Who (when its on)

and not much else any more...

CB

Sherlock

Jan 28, 2012

CaptainBlack

Jan 26, 2012
If it was really predictable, explain the ending then! (Rofl)
Given the epsisode title you know he did not die. Given that, I was not bothered to work out the detail, however my 17 year old daughter says she spotted what happened.

(In fact I was miffed off at the ham-fisted way the producers felt they had to explicitly give the game away by showing he was alive, same with the beheading of The Woman)

CB

Last edited:

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Given the epsisode title you know he did not die. Given that, I was not bothered to work out the detail, however my 17 year old daughter says she spotted what happened.

(In fact I was miffed off at the ham-fisted way the producers felt they had to explicitly give the game away by showing he was alive, same with the beheading of The Woman)

CB
I read quite a bit about theories of how Sherlock survived the fall but none of them seemed convincing. What does your daughter say about it? Obviously telling John to stand in place was a big part of it and the cyclist hitting him as well seems too perfect to be coincidental.

CaptainBlack

Jan 26, 2012
I read quite a bit about theories of how Sherlock survived the fall but none of them seemed convincing. What does your daughter say about it? Obviously telling John to stand in place was a big part of it and the cyclist hitting him as well seems too perfect to be coincidental.
To be honest I did not ask.

There may have been some TV jiggery pokery involved as it certainly looked like Sherlock on the ground despite not quite being shown a close up. But it is quite obvious that the real body if there is one is Moriarty's. Also in the book they both fall, if that is a clue?!

CB

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
I want to add Damages to my list. I'm not very into law shows but after watching the first season in three days on Netflix I am officially hooked.

Ackbach

Indicium Physicus
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Also in the book they both fall, if that is a clue?!
I thought that in The Empty House, Holmes explains that "I have some knowledge, however, of baritsu, or the Japanese system of wrestling, which has more than once been very useful to me. I slipped through his grip, and he with a horrible scream kicked madly for a few seconds, and clawed the air with both his hands. But for all his efforts he could not get his balance, and over he went."

SuperSonic4

MHB Math Helper
Mar 1, 2012
Opening up the PVR...

Pointless
Eggheads
Motorway Cops
TV Burp
Mock the Week
The Tube [ended yesterday]
The Big Bang Theory
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation

Alexmahone

Jan 26, 2012
At the moment:

CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
CSI: Miami
Through the Wormhole with Morgan Freeman
Unforgettable
Criminal Minds

Swlabr

Feb 21, 2012
I agree with this entirely (although I wasn't bothered about the Woman bit). There were quite a few bits in the series which didn't quite `work'. I mean, in the Baskervilles episode, why was the guy still producing the gas? Was he hoping to sell it somewhere or something? I just wasn't convinced by it...

anky2930

Apr 13, 2012
I love how i met your mother series the most and also love to see vampire diaries and in HIMYM I love barney's character most.

anky2930

Apr 13, 2012
I want to add Damages to my list. I'm not very into law shows but after watching the first season in three days on Netflix I am officially hooked.
Hi Jameson,
I want to ask you something that my post should be 8 in the forum but there is only one displaying,What is the reason behind this?

Alexmahone

Jan 26, 2012
Hi Jameson,
I want to ask you something that my post should be 8 in the forum but there is only one displaying,What is the reason behind this?

Posts made in the chat room don't count.

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Posts made in the chat room don't count.
That is correct. We like a user's post count to reflect high quality posts so by not having posts in the chat room count toward this total it allows more freedom in the chat room.

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Just watched The Big Bang Theory season finale. Wasn't too impressed. Lots of season finales are coming up though and summer shows will take over. I've kind of forgotten what most of those shows are so can't really say what I'm looking forward to but I'm hoping a couple of them will be my new regulars. If not, well then I should be studying anyway for my exam in July so I'll live. Anyone excited about a finale wrapping up or a new show coming up?

Fantini

"Read Euler, read Euler." - Laplace
MHB Math Helper
Feb 29, 2012
It's old but relevant. I'm almost ending sixth season of House and so far it's one of the best. How many of you have watched it? I think it's amazing.

SuperSonic4

MHB Math Helper
Mar 1, 2012
It's old but relevant. I'm almost ending sixth season of House and so far it's one of the best. How many of you have watched it? I think it's amazing.
I watched the first four seasons but I noticed towards the end of season 4 it became a generic character based program (instead of plot driven)

Fantini

"Read Euler, read Euler." - Laplace
MHB Math Helper
Feb 29, 2012
Fourth season was the worst, in my opinion. Perhaps if you continued you changed your mind. The main plot of the show became basically the personality of House, which I do find very amusing. The "unsolvable" medical cases became just the background for what really mattered: the relationships between the characters.

Maybe what I just pointed out is what exactly you didn't enjoy in the show though. In that case, happens. (Drunk)

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
House hit a low at some point around the fourth season, although I can't remember precisely. It definitely picked back up again and became watchable until the end, and believe me I am a very harsh critic so I do not say that lightly. :)