What sparked my love for physics during a year in jail?

• Thread starter Arthur Shurley
  • Start date
In summary, during a year in jail, my love for physics was sparked by the discovery of a textbook on the subject in the prison library. Despite the bleak surroundings, I found solace in learning about the laws and principles that govern the universe. Physics provided a sense of escape and purpose during a difficult time, and I became fascinated by the intricacies of the subject. This experience ignited a passion within me for understanding the world through a scientific lens, and I continue to pursue this interest to this day.
Arthur Shurley
I was a molecular and cellular neurobiologist major. I was in jail for a year and had my brother send me physics books. I read more in that year than in my entire life prior. I read mostly physics books. The Feynman Lectures on Physics and Heisenberg's Nuclear physics change my thinking and what I wanted to learn. I plan to get a PhD in physics. I am not sure what branch of physics I would like to pursue. I really enjoy quantum mechanics, particle physics, relativity and mechanics. I am currently studying at Sierra College. Physics here is quite easy and I am looking forward to the challenges of this major.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF, Arthur. :smile:

Thank you.