What Quantum fields are in the intergalactic space ?

In summary, the OP is asking about quantum fields in intergalactic space and what math describes them. The Standard Model is a current standard, but the OP is not sure whether QFT applies everywhere. People are telling the OP that we assume that all quantum fields which are known to exist here on Earth exist everywhere in the universe, and these fields are described by the Standard Model. The OP is asking about whether fields exist everywhere within xyzt (space-time), which would be more precise and appropriate. It is possible that the expansion of space-time is related to a Higgs field inflation. We might assume that fields of bodies are independent of a Higgs field, but we cannot be sure. We might also assume that the electrical
NnnTech
Homework Statement
HIggs
Relevant Equations
E/V
Hello , what quantum fields exist in intergalactic space ?

What math describes these fields ?

Physics news on Phys.org
I think that the quantum field theory applies wherever. Standard Model is a current standard.

anuttarasammyak said:
I think that the quantum field theory applies wherever. Standard Model is a current standard.
I am not sure what the standard model is , I've heard of a Higgs field ?

I am also not sure whether your assumption of QFT applying wherever is correct because we don't/can't observe everywhere assuming an outer space .

Last edited:
anuttarasammyak said:
Higgs field belongs to Standard Model https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_Model.
You say, if we can't observe it we should shut up ? That's a tough philosophy.
I never suggested ''to shut up'' , I would never be so rude ! I just said that fields may or may not apply to wherever . Thank you for the link I will read it over and get back to you with a question maybe .

anuttarasammyak said:
Higgs field belongs to Standard Model https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_Model.
You say, if we can't observe it we should shut up ? That's a tough philosophy.
Thank you for the link but it seems wordy and to be describing particle physics . Can you explain it please in your own words ?

What people are telling you is that we assume that all quantum fields which are known to exist here on Earth exist everywhere in the universe. These fields are described by the Standard Model.

Likes Delta2 and NnnTech
phyzguy said:
What people are telling you is that we assume that all quantum fields which are known to exist here on Earth exist everywhere in the universe. These fields are described by the Standard Model.
Our visual universe or universe which are not the same ? We observe a fraction of the universe, so to say these quantum fields exist everywhere in the universe is a falsity . We can describe they exist everywhere within xyzt (space-time) would be more precise and appropriate .
The expansion of space-time possibly relatable to a Higgs field inflation ?
Do we assume that quantum fields of bodies are independent of a HIggs field ?
Do we assume that the electrical neutrality of a Higgs field is a single entity or a combination of elements like an atom?

Thread closed temporarily for Moderation...

Update -- after a Mentor discussion, the OP has left the building and this thread will remain closed. Thanks folks.

Last edited:
Likes PhDeezNutz

Related to What Quantum fields are in the intergalactic space ?

1. What is a quantum field?

A quantum field is a physical field that describes the behavior of subatomic particles and their interactions with each other.

2. How are quantum fields different from classical fields?

Quantum fields take into account the principles of quantum mechanics, which allows for particles to exist in multiple states at the same time and for their behavior to be described probabilistically.

3. What is the significance of quantum fields in intergalactic space?

Quantum fields play a crucial role in understanding the behavior and interactions of particles in the vast emptiness of intergalactic space. They help explain the formation of structures such as galaxies and the distribution of matter in the universe.

4. Do quantum fields exist throughout the entire intergalactic space?

Yes, quantum fields exist everywhere in the universe, including intergalactic space. They are fundamental to the fabric of space-time and are present even in the most empty regions of the universe.

5. How do scientists study quantum fields in intergalactic space?

Scientists use various methods, such as observations from telescopes and experiments with particle accelerators, to study the effects of quantum fields in intergalactic space. They also use mathematical models and theories to understand the behavior of particles in these fields.