What major should i choose, Advise

• Programs
  • Thread starter coolboyshane
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Advise Major
It is much more about numbers, theories, and experiments rather than science fiction. It's important to have a realistic understanding of the field before committing to it as a career. Some people argue that physicists make less money than other professionals, but this is not necessarily true. There are many well-paid jobs in physics, especially in areas like engineering and technology. As for your education, it's a good idea to major in physics engineering if you are interested in both physics and math. This will give you a strong foundation in both subjects and open up a wide range of career opportunities. In summary, if you are truly passionate about physics, don't let the misconception of low pay discourage you. Pursuing a degree in physics engineering will allow you to continue
coolboyshane
Hello, I am new to physics forums... I need big help choosing career! I am planning to go to US to pursue my higher education but before that i am confused what major to choose. I am very much interested in Physics, Maths and i love researching about Wormholes, time machine, Life on terrestrial planets... Physics is my passion but my uncle said physicist make less money than other jobs... I applied to Colorado state university major in Physics engineering.

My question, after bsc in physics what can i do in masters and PHD? GOD I am so tensed, I dono what to choose. My friend said study for Pilot cause they make big bucks... Please advise! I love physics...

Sorry for my poor english!

Physics news on Phys.org
If you're going into physics to do research on time machines, life on extra-terrestrial planets and wormholes, then think again. Chances are very small that you will end up doing research on this. Physics is something completely different from what you read in popular science books.

Related to What major should i choose, Advise

What major should I choose?

Choosing a major can be a difficult decision, but it ultimately depends on your interests, strengths, and career goals. Consider taking career assessments, talking to academic advisors, and exploring different fields to help you make a decision.

What factors should I consider when choosing a major?

Some important factors to consider when choosing a major include your interests, skills, values, job outlook for the field, potential salary, and potential for growth and advancement in the field.

What if I cannot decide on a major?

If you are having trouble deciding on a major, it is important to not rush into a decision. Take your time to explore different options, speak with advisors, and consider taking courses in different fields to see what interests you. You may also want to consider a double major or a minor to combine your interests.

What if I am interested in multiple majors?

If you are interested in multiple majors, you may want to consider a double major or a major-minor combination. This can allow you to pursue multiple interests and provide a diverse skill set that can be useful in the job market.

What if I choose the wrong major?

It is okay if you choose a major and later realize it is not the right fit for you. You can always change your major or pursue a different career path. Many skills and knowledge gained from one major can be applied to other fields, so do not be afraid to make a change if necessary.