What is your favorite planet of the solar system?

In summary: Uranus...the most underrated planet. It's my favorite :).It's also yuge.Yep. Someone should go there and dig some channels ...I actually think someone should go to Uranus and do that!
bellocchiocarmel
What is?

Likes ccivish and Delta2
Astronomy news on Phys.org
Thanks for this nice question, for me I have to choose between Neptune(because it is blue) and Saturn (because of what else the rings). I think I ll choose Neptune, I like a lot the blue colour :D.

Likes weirdoguy and ccivish
Earth. Because without it, I'd have to look for a new job.

Likes ccivish, dkotschessaa, 1oldman2 and 1 other person
Pluto, to protest its demotion. Besides, you have to love a planet named after Mickey Mouse's dog.

Likes ccivish, fresh_42, dkotschessaa and 1 other person
Vanadium 50 said:
Pluto, to protest its demotion. Besides, you have to love a planet named after Mickey Mouse's dog.
It's also got the cutest little heart on it ❤️

Mine would be Mars. No planet has captured our imagination like it and I'm certain I'll live long enough to watch humans walk on her surface.

I'm also quite fond of mighty Jupiter. The possibility of it nurturing biospheres on its moons fills me with a sense of wonder.

Likes ccivish
jbriggs444 said:
Earth. Because without it, I'd have to look for a new job.
darn it sole my answer!

Likes ccivish
I too prefer earth, it's the only planet that will put up with me.

Likes ccivish
Jupiter. Beyond weird. Love it.

It's also yuge.

newjerseyrunner said:
Mine would be Mars. No planet has captured our imagination like it and I'm certain I'll live long enough to watch humans walk on her surface.
Yep. Someone should go there and dig some channels ...

Likes ccivish
Venus, just because of the weird fact that it has only done one full orbit since its discovery

Did you mean to say Neptune?

I give Pluto honorable mention, because it both rocks and rolls. Who doesn't love ice volcanoes? But, there is no place like home. 'Til we turn it into Venus...

Richard Thackray said:
Venus, just because of the weird fact that it has only done one full orbit since its discovery
One full orbit of what? And which discovery?

Mercury

dkotschessaa said:
Jupiter. Beyond weird. Love it.

It's also yuge.

Seconded.

Likes dkotschessaa
Uranus...the most underrated planet. It's my favorite :).

ccivish said:
One full orbit of what? And which discovery?
apologies. the reply was meant to say 2 not 1 and that since venus was discovered in the 1580s and an 2 rotations not orbits on its axis.

Related to What is your favorite planet of the solar system?

1. What is your favorite planet of the solar system?

My favorite planet of the solar system is Saturn. Its beautiful rings and unique atmosphere have always fascinated me.

2. Why is Saturn your favorite planet?

I am drawn to Saturn because of its unique and beautiful rings. It also has a fascinating atmosphere with strong winds and storm systems.

3. How is Saturn different from other planets in the solar system?

Saturn is different from other planets because of its prominent rings, which are made up of countless tiny particles of ice and rock. It also has the second most massive atmosphere in the solar system, after Jupiter.

4. What makes Saturn's rings so special?

Saturn's rings are special because they are made up of a vast collection of small particles, ranging in size from a grain of sand to a small house. These particles are constantly interacting with each other and creating unique patterns and structures.

5. Can Saturn's rings be seen from Earth?

Yes, Saturn's rings can be seen from Earth with a telescope or even binoculars. However, their visibility depends on the angle of the rings and the Earth's position in relation to Saturn.