What is wrong with my html tables?

• Thread starter Mark
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Html
In summary, the conversation involves issues with table formatting on a website created using Dreamweaver. The right column becomes distorted as the left column gets longer due to the use of * in the table's height. The solution suggested is to use <TD NOWRAP> for the left column and to fix the cell's width. However, the use of Dreamweaver has complicated the tables further and there are multiple <tr>s on the same horizontal line. The speaker is frustrated and dislikes Dreamweaver.
Mark
My test website (I am using dreamweaver)http://members.lycos.co.uk/markrules/ is having some table problems. For some reason the longer the right column gets, the more distorted the left column gets, I recall using * a long time ago in the tables height, or something, anyone know what the problem is?

Computer science news on Phys.org
What you should do is use <TD NOWRAP> for the left column. You can also fix the WIDTH of the cell.

grrr, stupid dreamweaver, its complicated my tables further, its a little more complicated, very screwed up tables

CRAP, its weird, I don't know how to explain it.
It has different <tr>'s on the same horizontal line, i don't get this crap lol, I hate dreamweaver sometimes
thanks tho

Last edited:

Related to What is wrong with my html tables?

1. What are the common mistakes in creating HTML tables?

The most common mistakes in creating HTML tables include using incorrect table tags or attributes, not properly nesting table elements, and not defining table headers correctly.

2. Why is my table not displaying properly?

There could be several reasons for a table not displaying properly, such as missing closing tags, incorrect use of table attributes, or conflicting CSS styles.

3. How do I center my table on the page?

To center a table on the page, you can use the CSS property "margin: 0 auto;" on the table element. This will center the table horizontally within its container.

4. Why are my table cells not aligned correctly?

This could be due to incorrect use of the "colspan" or "rowspan" attributes, or not properly defining the width of table cells. Make sure to double check your table structure and attributes.

5. Can I use images in my table cells?

Yes, images can be used in table cells by using the tag within the element. Make sure to properly size and align the images within the cell using CSS.