What is this inside the printer?

• Thread starter jake jot
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses a problem with a HP2515 printer, where a protrusion in the left side is blocking the paper when printing. The individual asks for help and is directed to check the printer's manual and to make sure the correct paper size is specified. They also suggest that it could be a broken paper guide and offer a solution of taping it down.
jake jot
My printer is HP2515

tiQfOE.jpg
This is inside of it when I opened the ink cartridge door.

SUrLjw.jpg

What I printed a paper last night.. there was a protrusion in the left side which blocks it (that crumples it):

Gd9TPb.jpg

This is zoom of it:

M5NX32.jpg

hrsyik.jpg
What is it? Why does it raise up and block the paper when I am printing? I can press it down after blocking. But it raised up and block the paper when attempting to print again.

Thanks in advance to those who can help.

Computer science news on Phys.org
A stray bit of broken plastic ? Can you pull it out easily ?

Likes jake jot
Could be a Paper Guide.
Check that you have specified the correct size paper to print on.

Likes jedishrfu
Tom.G said:
Could be a Paper Guide.
Check that you have specified the correct size paper to print on.

How does the paper guide work in your printer? I thought it was a differential device.

jake jot said:
My printer is HP2515

View attachment 295608This is inside of it when I opened the ink cartridge door.

View attachment 295609

What I printed a paper last night.. there was a protrusion in the left side which blocks it (that crumples it):

View attachment 295610

This is zoom of it:

View attachment 295611

View attachment 295612What is it? Why does it raise up and block the paper when I am printing? I can press it down after blocking. But it raised up and block the paper when attempting to print again.

Thanks in advance to those who can help.
Well, you could maybe tape it down. Just saying.

Likes jake jot

Related to What is this inside the printer?

1. What is this inside the printer?

The inside of a printer is where the printing mechanism and components are located. This includes the ink cartridges, paper rollers, print head, and other parts necessary for printing.

2. How does the printer work?

A printer works by receiving digital data from a computer or other device and using its internal mechanisms to transfer ink or toner onto paper, creating a physical copy of the data.

3. What are the different parts inside a printer?

The main components inside a printer include the paper tray, ink or toner cartridges, print head, paper rollers, and control panel. Some printers may also have additional parts, such as a scanner or fax machine.

4. Can I open the printer to see what's inside?

Yes, most printers have a cover or compartment that can be opened to access the inside components. However, it is not recommended to open the printer unless necessary, as it may cause damage to the printer or void the warranty.

5. Why is it important to keep the inside of the printer clean?

Keeping the inside of the printer clean is important to ensure the printer functions properly and produces high-quality prints. Dust, debris, and ink residue can build up inside the printer and cause clogs or other issues that may affect the printing process.