What is the unit conversion for 28.8 Volts/(Meter/Second)?

In summary: So,28.8\frac{v}{m/s}=28.8\frac{mv}{mm/s}In summary, to convert from 28.8 Volts/(Meter/Second) to (....) Volts/(Inch/Second), we simply need to substitute 39.4 inches for every 1 meter in the original equation. This gives us a final answer of 28.8 Volts/(39.4 inches/Second). To convert to milliVolts/(milliMeter/Second), we use the fact that 1000 milliVolts is equal to 1 Volt and 1000 milliMeters is equal to 1 Meter. This gives us an answer of 28
led20
Hi ALL
i need to unit Conversion :
from: 28.8 Volts/(Meter/Second) to (....) Volts/(Inch/Second)
from: 28.8 Volts/(Meter/Second) to (....) milliVolts/(milliMeter/Second)
Thanks

Mathematics news on Phys.org
led20 said:
Hi ALL
i need to unit Conversion :
from: 28.8 Volts/(Meter/Second) to (....) Volts/(Inch/Second)
from: 28.8 Volts/(Meter/Second) to (....) milliVolts/(milliMeter/Second)
Thanks
Hi and welcome to PF!

Let
Volts = V
Meter = m
Second = s
Inch = in

then
[tex]\frac{V}{m/s}=\frac{Vs}{m}[/tex]
while
[tex]\frac{V}{in/s}=\frac{Vs}{in}[/tex]

So if you were given a problem that said, for example, the metal costs $10/m, then could you figure out how much it costs per inch instead? That is, what is the value of x such that

[tex]\frac{$10}{m}=\frac{$x}{in}[/tex]

If you can figure this out, then your problem is essentially the same because we can ignore the Volt-seconds in the numerators since they're both equivalent (think of them as merging into the $ symbol in my example).

I do not understand your answer
Do you can , give me more Explain

Are you mean , like this:
(v.s/m)=(v.s/in)
(28.8v*1s/1m)=(xV*1s/39.4in)
then
28.8 v(m/s) = 1135 v(in/s) ?

++++++++++++++++++++++++
your example:$10/m to x$/in
i thenk
1m=39.4in
$10/39.4in = $0.254/in

Thanks, now I understand (Excellent)

1 m/s = 39.4 in/s
28.8v/(m/s) / 39.4v/(in/s) = 0.73 v/(in/s)
then
28.8v/(m/s) = 0.73 v/(in/s)
it's good
but,What about the second question

You can make it more simple for yourself by ignoring a lot of the common units.
[tex]28\frac{V}{m/s}=x\frac{V}{in/s}[/tex]
We know that 1m = 39.4in, therefore we convert metres to inches by making that substitution wherever we see metres.
[tex]28\frac{V}{39.4in/s}=x\frac{V}{in/s}[/tex]
And cancel all of the common units on both sides (which is the same as dividing both sides by [itex]V/(in/s)[/itex]) to get
[tex]\frac{28}{39.4}=x[/tex]

Now for the next question, again, do the substitutions as I've just shown you. 1000 millivolts = 1 volt, 1000mm = 1m.

Note: remember we are striving for simplicity, so in your first problem, you could have canceled common factors by going straight from

[tex]28\frac{V}{m/s}=x\frac{V}{in/s}[/tex]
to
[tex]28\frac{1}{m}=x\frac{1}{in}[/tex]
by cancelling V/s. This helps to draw focus onto the problem at hand and not get messed up with all of the units.

http://im86.gulfup.com/ckruO5.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Very good, but you don't need to do it in 2 steps. Do it all in 1.

[tex]28.8\frac{v}{m/s}=x\frac{mv}{mm/s}[/tex]
Converting the LHS (left hand side):
[tex]=28.8\frac{1000mv}{1000mm/s}[/tex]
Cancelling the 1000's
[tex]=28.8\frac{mv}{mm/s}[/tex]

Hence x=28.8

thank_you.jpg

Likes Mentallic

Related to What is the unit conversion for 28.8 Volts/(Meter/Second)?

What is a unit conversion?

A unit conversion is the process of changing a quantity from one unit to another. This is often necessary when working with different systems of measurement or when converting between different units of the same system.

Why do I need to know how to do unit conversions?

Unit conversions are important for accurately measuring and comparing quantities. They are also necessary for understanding data and communicating information in a consistent and meaningful way.

How do I perform a unit conversion?

To perform a unit conversion, you need to know the conversion factor between the two units. This is a ratio that relates the two units to each other. Then, you can multiply the quantity you want to convert by the conversion factor to get the equivalent value in the desired unit.

What are some common unit conversions?

Some common unit conversions include converting between units of length (such as meters to feet), units of volume (such as liters to gallons), units of time (such as seconds to minutes), and units of temperature (such as Celsius to Fahrenheit).

Are there tools or resources available to help with unit conversions?

Yes, there are many tools and resources available to help with unit conversions. These include conversion calculators, conversion charts and tables, and conversion apps. Additionally, most scientific calculators have built-in functions for unit conversions.