What is the source of this intriguing natural noise diagram?

In summary, the conversation is about finding the source of a diagram found online and trying to locate a similar or better version with explanatory text. The diagram plots out natural noise in a neat way and the speaker suggests it may be from Kraus' antenna book. They also mention using Bing to search for more information.
houlahound
I am trying to find the source of this diagram which came out of some old notes (not mine) I found uploaded on the web.

the referencing is not clear.

it seems a great diagram and I would like to find a similar one like it (or better graphics) if not the original, and some explanatory text.

I have never seen natural noise all plotted out neat like this, pretty awesome.

upload_2016-6-23_15-7-27.png

Physics news on Phys.org
You use bing?

K, most likely from Kraus antenna book. I will follow it up.

Good catch, thanks.

Likes davenn

Related to What is the source of this intriguing natural noise diagram?

1. What is considered "all natural background noise"?

All natural background noise refers to the sounds that are present in a given environment without any human interference. Examples include sounds from animals, wind, water, and geological events.

2. How does all natural background noise affect the ecosystem?

All natural background noise plays a crucial role in maintaining a healthy ecosystem. It provides cues for communication, navigation, and predator-prey interactions for animals. It also helps maintain biodiversity by creating habitats for different species.

3. Can all natural background noise be harmful to humans?

In most cases, all natural background noise is not harmful to humans. However, exposure to excessive levels of noise, such as from a volcanic eruption or a large animal roar, can cause temporary or permanent hearing damage. It can also disrupt sleep and affect overall well-being.

4. How do scientists study all natural background noise?

Scientists use various tools and techniques to study all natural background noise. This includes recording devices, such as microphones and hydrophones, to capture sounds in different environments. They also use computer software to analyze the data and identify patterns and changes in the noise levels over time.

5. Is all natural background noise affected by human activities?

Yes, human activities can have a significant impact on all natural background noise. For example, urbanization, industrialization, and transportation can increase noise levels in natural environments, disrupting animal behaviors and habitats. Climate change can also alter natural soundscapes by affecting weather patterns and animal vocalizations.