What is the solution to the equation y''' + 4y'' + 4y'=0?

• Thread starter RadiationX
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Approach
In summary, when approaching a scientific problem, it is crucial to clearly define the question or problem, consider available resources and potential limitations, review relevant literature, and consult with experts in the field. The best approach will depend on the nature of the problem and available resources, and it is important to carefully consider different methodologies. Common mistakes to avoid include jumping to conclusions without sufficient evidence, ignoring biases, and not considering alternative explanations. To improve future approaches, it is important to reflect on methods and results, seek feedback, and incorporate new techniques or technologies.
RadiationX
what method do i employ to solve this?

[tex]y''' + 4y'' + 4y'=0[/tex]

does the above lead to something like this?

[tex] r^3 +4r^2 +4r=0[/tex]

Physics news on Phys.org
Approaching this problem like if it was a 2nd order ODE yield a solution that satisfied the ODE. But I am not sure if this will work all the time.

Yes,it does.

Daniel.

dextercioby said:
Yes,it does.

Daniel.

thx i thought that it did

Related to What is the solution to the equation y''' + 4y'' + 4y'=0?

1. How would I start my approach?

The first step in approaching any scientific problem is to clearly define the question or problem you are trying to solve. This will help guide your research and experimental design.

2. What factors should I consider when approaching a scientific problem?

When approaching a scientific problem, it is important to consider the available resources, time constraints, and potential limitations or biases in your research. It is also crucial to review relevant literature and consult with other experts in the field.

3. How do I determine the best approach for my specific problem?

The best approach for a scientific problem will depend on the nature of the problem and the available resources. It is important to carefully consider different experimental designs and methodologies to determine the most appropriate approach for your specific problem.

4. What are some common mistakes to avoid when approaching a scientific problem?

Some common mistakes to avoid when approaching a scientific problem include jumping to conclusions without sufficient evidence, ignoring potential biases, and not considering alternative explanations for your results. It is also important to carefully plan and execute your experiments to minimize potential errors.

5. How can I improve my approach for future scientific problems?

To improve your approach for future scientific problems, it is important to reflect on your methods and results and consider any potential limitations or biases. Seeking feedback from colleagues and incorporating new techniques or technologies can also help improve your approach in the future.