What is the reworded formula for Fermat's last theorem?

In summary, a theorem is a proven mathematical statement that is derived from axioms or previously proven theorems. It serves the purpose of organizing and categorizing mathematical concepts and is used in various real-world applications. While a theorem can be disproved with a counterexample, once it is proven to be true, it is accepted as a fundamental mathematical truth.
SteveRives
I am thinking of a famous formula related to number theory, but I have reworded it (this may not be original to me -- I don't know). Can you name the theorm:

If a, b, c and n are positive integers, then

[tex] a^{n}=\int_{b}^{c}n{x^{n-1}}dx [/tex]

has no solutions for any [tex] n > 2 [/tex]. Maybe we can submit our answers in white font letters!

Enjoy,

Steve Rives

Physics news on Phys.org
Do I have to tell you? It is sometimes written FL...FL something.

Andrew Wiles and Fermat...

FLT! :smile:

Last edited:
yes , Fermat's last theorem !

Related to What is the reworded formula for Fermat's last theorem?

1. What is a theorem?

A theorem is a mathematical statement that has been proven to be true through logical reasoning or mathematical proof.

2. How is a theorem different from an axiom?

A theorem is a statement that is derived from axioms or previously proven theorems, while an axiom is a statement that is assumed to be true without proof.

3. What is the purpose of naming a theorem?

Naming a theorem helps to categorize and organize mathematical concepts and theorems, making it easier for mathematicians to refer to and use them in their work.

4. How are theorems used in real-world applications?

Theorems, along with other mathematical principles, are used in various fields such as engineering, physics, and economics to solve real-world problems and make predictions.

5. Can a theorem ever be disproved?

Yes, a theorem can be disproved if a counterexample is found that contradicts the statement. However, once a theorem has been proven to be true, it is accepted as a fundamental mathematical truth.