What is the post orientation of a EU1L battery

In summary, EU1L is a size classification for a garden tractor battery, with the "E" possibly indicating a European standard. "U" stands for utility and "L" indicates the positive terminal post faces left when viewing the battery's face. The battery is also available in a U1 size with different technical specifications. The manufacturer's website has a data sheet but it does not provide information on the specific technical performance.
Tipiford
Anyone know what the specification of EU1L is in a garden tractor battery? I am assuming "U" is utility, and "L" is the positive terminal post faces left viewing the battery's face or front. If so, what is the "E" and "1"?

Engineering news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF.
E will probably identify the classification system. Maybe European?
U1 is a physical size LxWxH = 195 x 125 x 155 mm.
U1RMF is size U1, Right hand positive, maintenance free.
U1MF is size U1, Left hand positive, maintenance free. (L is sometimes assumed if not R).

There are only two sizes, U1 and U2. They are only specified for use on garden tractors. General - Utility Batteries, 12-VOLT (6 CELLS)
U1, U1R and U2 are BCI / Group numbers. Battery Council International give sizes as U1 = 197 x 132 x 186 mm, and U2 = 160 x 132 x 181 mm.

Thanx much, that elucidates most of the puzzle, however, E may be a classification, but the batteries I'm looking at were manufactured in PA. These are two Duracells I am considering, one, a U1L at one price, and a EU1L at a cost of $5.00 more, so I'm curious as to what I might be paying for if I splurged for a whole $5.00 more (tee-hee).

Just an update, having gone to compare the batteries: still unclear on the "E," but the cranking amps on the EU1L is 365. whereas the U1L is 275.

Ask manufacturers for datasheets and you'll be smarter.

But this ^-^ relates safety and maintenance, not data sheet about technical performance

Wow

Related to What is the post orientation of a EU1L battery

1. What is the post orientation of a EU1L battery?

The post orientation of a EU1L battery refers to the position of the positive and negative terminals on the battery. In most cases, the positive terminal is located on the top of the battery and the negative terminal is located on the bottom.

2. How can I determine the post orientation of a EU1L battery?

The post orientation of a EU1L battery is usually indicated by markings on the battery itself. The positive terminal may have a plus sign (+) or the letters "POS" while the negative terminal may have a minus sign (-) or the letters "NEG". You can also refer to the user manual or packaging of the battery for more information.

3. What happens if I install a EU1L battery with the wrong post orientation?

If you install a EU1L battery with the wrong post orientation, it can cause the battery to short circuit and potentially damage your device. It is important to always double check the post orientation before installing a battery.

4. Can the post orientation of a EU1L battery be changed?

No, the post orientation of a EU1L battery is fixed and cannot be changed. Attempting to alter the post orientation may damage the battery and render it unusable.

5. Are all EU1L batteries the same in terms of post orientation?

No, the post orientation of a EU1L battery can vary depending on the manufacturer and model. It is important to always check the markings on the battery to ensure the correct post orientation.