What is the percentage of In and Ga in the given table using equations?

• Thread starter aneesh123
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Table
In summary, the conversation discusses finding the percentage composition of In and Ga in a substrate using equations and data from a table. It is suggested to use multipliers for each element, with As being set to a value of 1. The formula for Ga is determined to be 92/117 and for In is 246/60. An example is given for row three, where the percentages of In and Ga are calculated to be 35.8% and 25.7%, respectively.
aneesh123
Hello,

Is there any way of getting the percentage value of In and Ga in question marks, using equations.

I've been working this for few hours and really have no idea.

[PLAIN]http://indiansketches.com/img.png

Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
Mathematics news on Phys.org
I'm guessing this is in excel or something similar.
for Ga:
wouldn't you just do: Ga counts/(Ga counts + In counts + As Counts) for each row

and the same with In as the numerator for the In percentage?

Thanks for the reply l2e

Yes, It's excel file.

From the first two rows it is evident that percentage don't depend on counts.

Is it possible to derive an equation from data in first two rows and find percentage in question mark for the rest of the rows.

sorry, I should have read the table more clearly. that was my mistake. you might want to work out how much each of the elements (weigh I guess) compared to each other.

so if you make As = 1, then In = 246/60 and Ga = 92/117.
use those values to scale the amount of each element and work out the percentage.

Thanks so much for the reply mate.

Can you explain in detail, how to do that ?

For example : In and Ga percentage in row three.

The numbers are the percentage composition and counts of substrate.

in InAs 60 counts of In is 50% In in InAs or otherwise 50% of In will give 60 counts

similarly in GaAs 50% Ga and 50% As is there, Ga gives 117 counts where as As gives 92 counts

L2E said:
sorry, I should have read the table more clearly. that was my mistake. you might want to work out how much each of the elements (weigh I guess) compared to each other.

so if you make As = 1, then In = 246/60 and Ga = 92/117.
use those values to scale the amount of each element and work out the percentage.

Last edited:
sure,

what I have done is chosen multipliers to use to give each element a different weighting. and to do this there are a couple of simple steps.

you see that As is common in both of the initial samples. so it makes sense to set As to a value of 1 (you could use anything but 1 is convenient).

now you want to get the amount each of the other two 'weigh' in relation to As
so for Ga:
117Ga = 50% and 92As = 50%
equate the two equations, (50% = 50%)
therefore: 117Ga = 92As
Ga = (92/117)*As (As = 1)
Ga = 92/117

and do the same for In

Thanks for the reply again.

I am having trouble in finding the percentage of In and Ga in InGaAs still. Would you be able to demonstrate to find the percentage of In and Ga compostion in the 3rd row.

thanks in advance

ok, so you have the multipliers:
As = 1
Ga = 92/117
In = 246/60

so for row three
if you do
As total weight = 1 (As multiplier) x 141 (As count) = 141
Ga total weight = 92/117 x 120 = 94.3589744
In total weight = 246/60 x 32 = 131.2

total of all elements = 141 + 94.36 + 131.2 = 366.56
percentage of As = 141/366.56 = 38.5%
percentage of Ga = 94.36/366.56 = 25.7%
percentage of In = 131.2/366.56 = 35.8%

Related to What is the percentage of In and Ga in the given table using equations?

1. What does the percentage of X,Y from a table represent?

The percentage of X,Y from a table represents the proportion or share of X,Y in relation to the total value of the data in the table. It can also be interpreted as the frequency or occurrence of X,Y in the data.

2. How is the percentage of X,Y calculated from a table?

The percentage of X,Y is calculated by dividing the value of X,Y by the total value of the data in the table, then multiplying by 100. This will give the percentage of X,Y out of 100.

3. Why is it important to know the percentage of X,Y from a table?

The percentage of X,Y from a table provides a visual representation of the data and allows for easy comparison between different categories. It also helps to identify any trends or patterns in the data.

4. Can the percentage of X,Y be greater than 100%?

No, the percentage of X,Y cannot be greater than 100% as it represents a portion or share of the total value in the table. If the percentage is greater than 100%, it means that the data has been calculated incorrectly.

5. How can the percentage of X,Y be used in scientific research?

The percentage of X,Y can be used in scientific research to analyze and interpret data, identify relationships and correlations, and make informed conclusions. It can also be used to communicate findings and support arguments in research papers or presentations.