What is the meaning of this electrical symbol?

In summary, the conversation discusses a symbol used in electrical schematics and the confusion surrounding its meaning, particularly in relation to its use with a relay coil and a 2-pin header. The speaker is seeking clarification on the type of contact the symbol represents and requests an example of the symbol being used in a schematic.
Physicist3
Hi,

I am trying to get up to speed on electrical schematics and how to read them and I am getting stuck with a particular symbol. I understand that the following symbol represents a link;

upload_2015-8-7_23-8-53.png

However, I cannot seem to find what the following one means?
upload_2015-8-7_23-9-26.png

I believe that it is meant to represent some form of contact as I always see it connected to the symbol for a relay coil with a dashed line. The issue I am having is that I would like to know what sort of contact it is meant to represent please?

Engineering news on Phys.org
On my schematics, the 2nd figure is used for a 2-pin header. Can you post a schematic where these symbols are being used?

I use that for two pin header.

Related to What is the meaning of this electrical symbol?

1. What does the symbol mean?

The meaning of a symbol can vary depending on its context and cultural significance. It is important to consider the symbol's cultural, historical, and social context to fully understand its meaning.

2. How can I interpret the symbol?

Interpretation of a symbol can be subjective and may vary from person to person. It is important to consider the symbol's context and personal experiences to understand its meaning for you.

3. Does the symbol have a universal meaning?

Some symbols may have a universal meaning that is commonly understood across different cultures and contexts. However, many symbols have different meanings and interpretations depending on their context.

4. Can symbols have multiple meanings?

Yes, a symbol can have multiple meanings depending on its context and cultural significance. It is important to consider the different possible interpretations of a symbol when trying to understand its meaning.

5. How do symbols convey meaning?

Symbols convey meaning through a shared understanding and interpretation within a specific cultural and social context. They can also evoke emotions and convey abstract concepts that may be difficult to express through words.