What is the meaning of the CESMM3 Ref in BOQ of Transmission & Distrib

• Thread starter tipu_sultan
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Transmission
In summary, the conversation discusses the meaning of the CESMM3 Ref in the Bill of Quantities for a project involving Electrical Transmission and Distribution. The speaker is unsure about the meaning of X9000.1, which they believe is a clause in the CESMM3 reference related to measurement. A diagram is also attached for reference.
tipu_sultan
What is the meaning of the CESMM3 Ref in BOQ of Transmission & Distribution?

In the Bill of Quantities of Some project of Electrical Transmission and Distribution I came across the CESMM3 Ref when I searched in the net I know that it is the " Civil Engineering Standard Method of Measurement 3rd edition ".

But my confusion is what is the meaning of X9000.1 represent. I think it is a clause of the CESMM3's reference having some information about measurement but not exactly find what it means.

Figure Attached

http://www.edaboard.com/attachments/101347d1390308502-boq.jpg

Engineering news on Phys.org
You can find diagram here.

Diagram attached in this post if you can not view in the above post.

Attachments

• BOQ.jpg
    BOQ.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 905

Related to What is the meaning of the CESMM3 Ref in BOQ of Transmission & Distrib

1. What is CESMM3 Ref in BOQ of Transmission & Distrib?

CESMM3 Ref stands for Civil Engineering Standard Method of Measurement, 3rd edition. It is a document that outlines a standard method for measuring and describing civil engineering works, such as those involved in transmission and distribution projects.

2. Why is CESMM3 Ref used in BOQ of Transmission & Distrib?

CESMM3 Ref is used in BOQ (Bill of Quantities) of Transmission & Distrib because it provides a consistent and accurate way to measure and describe the civil engineering works involved in these projects. This helps to ensure that all parties involved have a clear understanding of the scope of work and can accurately compare bids from different contractors.

3. How does CESMM3 Ref affect the cost of Transmission & Distrib projects?

CESMM3 Ref can affect the cost of Transmission & Distrib projects in several ways. Firstly, it provides a standardized method for measuring and describing the work, which can help to prevent misunderstandings and disputes between the contractor and client. Additionally, it can help to ensure that all necessary work is included in the project and that contractors are bidding on the same scope of work, leading to more accurate and competitive pricing.

4. Is CESMM3 Ref mandatory for Transmission & Distrib projects?

While CESMM3 Ref is not mandatory for Transmission & Distrib projects, it is widely used and accepted in the industry as a standard method for measuring and describing civil engineering works. It is often included in project specifications and is recommended for use by many organizations, including the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) and the Civil Engineering Contractors Association (CECA).

5. Are there any updates or revisions to CESMM3 Ref?

Yes, there have been updates and revisions to CESMM3 Ref since its original publication in 1991. The most recent edition is CESMM4, which was published in 2012 and includes updates and changes to reflect current industry practices. However, many projects still use CESMM3 Ref and it is still widely accepted and used in the industry.