What is the main origin of electromagnetic waves?

In summary, the conversation discusses the origin of electromagnetic waves and the use of Maxwell's equations to derive a wave equation for the electric and magnetic fields. The speaker also recommends a book for an introduction to Maxwell's equations. There is a brief exchange about clarifying the question, with the final question asking for further explanation.
physics love
I want to know in details

what is the main origin of electromagnetic waves?

and thanks a lot in advance.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
When applying maxwells equations to the wave equation, or unless i have misunderstood your question.

Using some fairly basic vector calculus, one can derive a wave equation for both the magnetic and electric field vectors from Maxwell's equations.

If you want a straightforward introduction to Maxwell's equations that covers up to electromagnetic waves, I suggest "A Student's Guide To Maxwell's Equations" by Fleisch - this introduces vector calculus too.

Wiggling charges.

Claude.

cragar said:
When applying maxwells equations to the wave equation, or unless i have misunderstood your question.

I don't intend this

sorry I mistake in using expressions in my question!

excuse my because I am not good in speaking english

my question in other form

from what generate the electromagnetic waves?

or how we obtain the electromagnetic waves?

or what is the cause behind existence the electromagnetic waves?

Claude Bile said:
Wiggling charges.

Claude.

thanks a lot

but; excuse me; can you demonstrate this point in details ??

xGAME-OVERx said:
Using some fairly basic vector calculus, one can derive a wave equation for both the magnetic and electric field vectors from Maxwell's equations.

If you want a straightforward introduction to Maxwell's equations that covers up to electromagnetic waves, I suggest "A Student's Guide To Maxwell's Equations" by Fleisch - this introduces vector calculus too.

thanks a lot

but I think that I mistake in writing my question

can you read my reply number 5 in this topic to know what I intend

Related to What is the main origin of electromagnetic waves?

What is the main origin of electromagnetic waves?

The main origin of electromagnetic waves is the movement of electrically charged particles. This can occur naturally, such as in the case of lightning, or artificially, such as in the transmission of radio signals.

How are electromagnetic waves created?

Electromagnetic waves are created when an electric field and a magnetic field interact with each other. This can happen when an electrically charged particle accelerates or changes direction.

What are the different types of electromagnetic waves?

There are many different types of electromagnetic waves, ranging from radio waves to gamma rays. They are categorized based on their wavelengths and frequencies, which determine their properties and uses.

What is the speed of electromagnetic waves?

The speed of electromagnetic waves is approximately 300 million meters per second, which is equivalent to the speed of light. This speed is constant and is denoted by the letter "c" in scientific equations.

How do electromagnetic waves interact with matter?

Electromagnetic waves can interact with matter in various ways, depending on the properties of the material. They can be absorbed, reflected, or transmitted through materials. The interaction of electromagnetic waves with matter is the basis for many technologies, such as X-rays and microwave ovens.