Can anyone decipher Saddam's response to being offered water?

• Thread starter zoobyshoe
  • Start date
In summary, Saddam refused to drink water because he would have to use the bathroom and he didn't want to do that with his people in bondage.
zoobyshoe
Anyone speak "Dictator"?

I heard on CNN that while interogating Saddam they asked him if he would like a glass of water. Saddam replied:"No. If I drink a glass of water I will have to go to the bathroom, and how can I go to the bathroom when my people are in bondage?"

Translation?

Physics news on Phys.org

Originally posted by zoobyshoe
I heard on CNN that while interogating Saddam they asked him if he would like a glass of water. Saddam replied:"No. If I drink a glass of water I will have to go to the bathroom, and how can I go to the bathroom when my people are in bondage?"

Translation?

Ah, common misconception. In dictator-ese, "my people" and "my bowels" are synonymous.

I think next years winner of "Crackpot of the Year" should be forced to adopt this as their signature quote.

I will now refer to my genitals as "my people" - and no, I will not have "my people" contact "your people".

Njorl

Originally posted by Njorl
- and no, I will not have "my people" contact "your people".

How Gullible Are You Guys?

Oh sure, Saddam said that when offered a glass of water. Thats true, because it was on CNN.

After all, according to CNN;
- He was in a SPIDER HOLE (very apt, must've worked for hours on that one).
- He GAVE HIMSELF UP (implying that he's a coward).
- Suddenly all this horse**** comes out about fantastic rates of Iraqi casualties under Saddam (with about as much proof as that provided for the "weapons of mass destruction" argument).

I also saw on CNN a while ago a lovely interview where a former Vietnam War commanding officer (very highly placed) STILL CLAIMED that the US did not invade South Vietnam.
Lets rewrite history guys, so that it can suit the winners. Hang on, CNN has already done that...

Originally posted by Nommos Prime (Dogon)
Oh sure, Saddam said that when offered a glass of water. Thats true, because it was on CNN.

After all, according to CNN;

- He GAVE HIMSELF UP (implying that he's a coward).

So you think that when they opened up the door (or whatever it'd be called) to his little underground lair, that he attempted to attack or run from the soldiers?

Originally posted by zoobyshoe

Translation?
Lets see… He’s so used to urinating and defecating on his subjects that he’s unsure how to use modern plumbing?

Originally posted by BoulderHead
Lets see… He’s so used to urinating and defecating on his subjects that he’s unsure how to use modern plumbing?

Scratch My Back

As predicted, the CIA will be "interrogating" Saddam. They expect it will take six months (at least).
Interesting how a former CIA employee who was officially on their payroll (Saddam Hussein), can be interviewed by a former employer. Very interesting.

Geeesh. Save it for the politics forum Nommos. Unless you're speaking "dictator" too?

1. What is "Anyone speak Dictator"?

"Anyone speak Dictator" is a phrase that is commonly used to refer to the language of dictators or authoritarian leaders.

2. How many people speak Dictator?

Dictator is not a recognized language, so there is no official number of speakers. However, it is often used by authoritarian leaders to communicate with their followers, so it may be spoken by a significant number of people.

3. Is Dictator a written language?

No, Dictator is not a written language. It is primarily used in spoken form by dictators and their followers.

4. Are there different versions of Dictator?

Since Dictator is not a recognized language, there are no official versions or dialects. However, the language may vary depending on the specific dictator or authoritarian leader using it.

5. Can anyone learn to speak Dictator?

Technically, anyone can learn to understand and speak Dictator, but it is not a language that is widely taught or studied. It is primarily used by dictators and their followers, and there are no official resources or courses available for learning it.