What is the cost per ticket when buying a roll of 25 tickets for 15 dollars?

• MHB
  • Thread starter mathdad
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Per
In summary, the cost of each ticket is $0.60 when buying a roll of 25 tickets for $15. This is determined by dividing the total cost by the number of tickets, which gives an average cost per ticket.
mathdad
Tickets at a fair cost 75 cents each. You can also buy a roll of 25 tickets for 15 dollars. What is the total cost of each ticket if you buy a roll of tickets?

Is this a proportion problem?

Do I divide 25 by 0.75 to find the total price for each ticket?

Mathematics news on Phys.org
One way to view this is:

\(\displaystyle \text{Cost per ticket}=\frac{\text{Total cost of tickets}}{\text{Number of tickets}}\)

In effect, you are computing an average. :D

So, 15/25 = 0.60

RTCNTC said:
Tickets at a fair cost 75 cents each. You can also buy a roll of 25 tickets for 15 dollars. What is the total cost of each ticket if you buy a roll of tickets?

Is this a proportion problem?

Do I divide 25 by 0.75 to find the total price for each ticket?
If you divide 25 tickets by 0.75 dollars you will have "tickets per dollar" when you want "dollars per ticket". But, anyway, the "75 cents each" is if you by single tickets and has nothing to do with buying a roll of tickets. You are told that you can get 25 tickets for 15 dollars. You want to determine "dollars per ticket" in this case. That is (15 dollars)/(25 tickets). 15/25= 3/5= 0.60.

HallsofIvy said:
If you divide 25 tickets by 0.75 dollars you will have "tickets per dollar" when you want "dollars per ticket". But, anyway, the "75 cents each" is if you by single tickets and has nothing to do with buying a roll of tickets. You are told that you can get 25 tickets for 15 dollars. You want to determine "dollars per ticket" in this case. That is (15 dollars)/(25 tickets). 15/25= 3/5= 0.60.

This is what I did a few replies ago. I also got 0.60.

Related to What is the cost per ticket when buying a roll of 25 tickets for 15 dollars?

1. What is the definition of "Total Price Per Ticket"?

Total Price Per Ticket refers to the total cost of a ticket, including any additional fees and taxes.

2. How is the "Total Price Per Ticket" calculated?

The "Total Price Per Ticket" is calculated by adding the base ticket price to any additional fees and taxes.

3. Are there any factors that can affect the "Total Price Per Ticket"?

Yes, the "Total Price Per Ticket" can be affected by factors such as the type of ticket, date and time of purchase, and availability.

4. Can the "Total Price Per Ticket" vary for different individuals?

Yes, the "Total Price Per Ticket" can vary for different individuals depending on factors such as age, membership status, and special discounts.

5. How can I find out the "Total Price Per Ticket" before purchasing?

You can usually find the "Total Price Per Ticket" by checking the ticket website or contacting the ticket seller directly. You may also be able to see the breakdown of costs during the checkout process.