What is the Best Way to Learn about Astronomy on Physics Forums?

• Thread starter Schubes
  • Start date
In summary, the best way to learn about astronomy on Physics Forums is to actively engage in discussions, ask questions, and read through the various topics and threads. The platform offers a wealth of knowledge from experts and enthusiasts alike, providing a diverse range of perspectives and resources. Additionally, utilizing the search function and exploring the forum's archives can lead to further understanding and learning. Overall, the key to learning about astronomy on Physics Forums is to be curious, open-minded, and willing to participate in the community.
Schubes
I stumbled across this forum when searching for information on Astronomy. I anticipate I will be reading and rarely posing questions in the astronomy forum.

My interest in Astronomy is supermassive black holes. From what I have gathered, we cannot measure them directly. We can only measure "one's" effects on others. I find that challenge intriguing.

I can tell there is a wealth of information here. More importantly there are many great minds churning away at complex problems! Spectacular!

The basics on me--

I have a BA in psychology, and studied dynamical systems after college to better understand neuroscience. I have always had a sort of mathematical/relational way of thinking. I then began coaching and studying sports science for the past 10 years.

I love discussing theories and phenomena in groups. I am a people person, and perhaps someone will value my open mind. I promise I will not over-post!

I often sit on my back porch at night looking at the stars. I was motivated to find more information when reminded of the vastness of the universe. Voyager 2 will reach the nearest star in it's trajectory in 40,000 years! What! That thing is moving fast...well at least from a mere earthling perspective =)

I have read the rules, and I will do my best to uphold them.

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
A warm welcome to our community.

Make sure you explore the following in PF:

1. The main forums, that you see in the first page.

2. Insights Blog, available at the top row (header section). It contains articles that help in learning topics to a great extent.

3. The videos, also available in the header section. The media gallery now has some great videos in almost every aspect in science, and they provide an audio-visual learning experience.

I assure you that you will have a great time here, and hope to meet you in any discussion soon.

With regards,
Wrichik.

Likes Schubes