What is the best book to learn algebra 1 from?

In summary, there are some good review books available, such as Schaum's "How to Solve Algebra Word Problems" and Precalculus by Lial/Hornsby, that can teach how to solve word problems and come with a lot of practice problems at the end of each chapter or unit.
the legion
I need a book that has a lot of problems and can teach me how to solve word problems well and comes with a lot of problems to solve at the end of the chapter or unit.

Physics news on Phys.org
Khan academy.

Precalculus by Lial/Hornsby is a good book that contains a lot of material, algebra I included. There are hundreds of exercises and many applied problems.

Related to What is the best book to learn algebra 1 from?

1. What are the key factors to consider when choosing the best book to learn algebra 1 from?

When looking for the best book to learn algebra 1, it is important to consider factors such as the author's credentials and teaching style, the book's level of difficulty and organization, and the availability of practice problems and solutions.

2. Are there any specific algebra 1 books that are highly recommended by experts?

While there are many great algebra 1 books available, some notable recommendations from experts include "Algebra 1: An Incremental Development" by John H. Saxon Jr., "Algebra 1: Concepts and Skills" by McDougal Littell, and "Algebra 1: Structures and Methods" by Mary P. Dolciani.

3. How can I determine if a particular algebra 1 book is suitable for my learning style?

One way to determine if a book is suitable for your learning style is to read reviews and sample chapters online. Additionally, you can also ask your teacher or peers for their opinions and try out a few problems from the book to see if it aligns with your understanding and preferences.

4. Is it necessary to purchase a physical book or are there digital options available?

Many algebra 1 books are available in both physical and digital formats. While some may prefer the convenience of a digital book, others may find it helpful to have a physical copy for note-taking and practicing problems. It ultimately depends on personal preference.

5. Are there any online resources or supplemental materials that can enhance my algebra 1 learning experience?

Yes, there are many online resources and supplemental materials available such as video tutorials, practice problems and quizzes, interactive games, and study guides. It is always beneficial to supplement your learning with these resources to reinforce your understanding and improve your skills.