Locking, at the speed of light.

In summary, MisterBig is arguing that a physically designed system that collapses or goes into extended expression will cause speeds to potentialize towards the speed of light- an event that would be fatal.
pallidin
If a geometrically designed physical system was such that a) the collapse(or extended expression of the system) caused "stacked" acceleration to potentialize the speed of light towards the end, and b) that the input force and structural strength of the system was high enough, what would happen?
This has bugged me for some time.
Now, my developed thoughts are this: the system MUST FAIL. That is, the system must fail to achieve speeds in excess of or even nearly approaching the speed of light. Fine, I understand that.
But how is this failure characterized with stable potentialization of C through a specially designed mechanism?
I would propose that a "lock" would occur, specifically a "C-lock" if you will, that would forbid the complete expression of the system, wholly unrelated to friction or the "next-stage" force reduction common in stacked accelerative arrangements.
Any thoughts on this?

Science news on Phys.org
Could you rephrase this question? I simply do not understand what you are trying to say. Simplfy, simplfy, simplfy.

I understand the question: No. I have no thoughts on that.

I'm not sure you could make it strong enough. I imagine the systems mass (and hence its inertia) would be approaching infinity as its speed approaches C.

Bravo, MisterBig!

Those are my thoughts exactly.
That is, such a system would tend to fail, not in concept, but rather in its structural integrity.
Given a sufficient amount of input force to produce the effect would severely strain the components of the system; possibly making this one of the most dangerous experiments one could perform(as ultra-high velocity fragmentation during component breakdown occurs, flying-off in multiple directions)
An actual experiment I did involved the acceleration of a 5 oz object to about 70 miles per hour by initiating the first stage of a 7 stage system with the initial input force supplied by simply my hands lightly squeezing a special component of the first stage.
Though the speed increase of 70 mph might not seem all that remarkable(it was a basic proof-of-concept test), the lesson I learn was: the 6th stage prematurely slammed into the 7th stage, causing both to deflect, and the 7th stage nearly hit me in the head. That would have hurt, if not killed me. As a result, I ceased all further testing until adequate saftey measures are in place and I conceive a better design to mitigate stage collision.
Could one generate and direct enough initial force to even perform such an experiment to obtain potential speeds far in excess of my simple test? My gross calculations suggest this to be well within current technology.
Could the components of such a system be strong enough to express the potentialization without deadly fragmentation? Now that's another matter, and seems to be the decisive key I have not yet found.
Just some more thoughts...

Pallidin

What is "Locking, at the speed of light"?

"Locking, at the speed of light" refers to the process of securing an object or system at a speed that approaches the speed of light, which is approximately 299,792,458 meters per second.

Why would scientists want to lock something at the speed of light?

Scientists may want to lock something at the speed of light in order to prevent any changes or alterations to the object or system. This can be useful in experiments or studies where precise conditions need to be maintained.

How is it possible to lock something at the speed of light?

Currently, it is not possible to physically lock something at the speed of light. However, scientists can use advanced technology and techniques to control and manipulate objects at incredibly high speeds, approaching the speed of light.

What are the potential applications of locking something at the speed of light?

The ability to control and lock objects at high speeds could have a wide range of applications in various fields, such as physics, chemistry, and engineering. It could also have practical applications in industries such as transportation and communication.

Are there any limitations to locking something at the speed of light?

While there have been advancements in controlling and manipulating objects at high speeds, there are still limitations and challenges to locking something at the speed of light. These may include technological limitations and the laws of physics.