What is Elastic Hysteresis and How Does it Affect Electric Systems?

In summary, in ferroelectric materials, the polarity (storage of charges) lags behind the change in eletric field. When it repeat, it retain degree of polarity. Current is applied a magnetic field is generated. Current is reversed zeros its repeat. Metal maintains degree of magnetizem dipole aligment. The magnetic field lags behind the current change. Producing electreical hysterises.
lee123456789

Homework Statement

sorry just started my hnc in engineering and electrical the worst part for me

is this right

a current is applied a magnetic field is generated. current is reversed zeros its repeat. metal maintains degree of magnetizem dipole aligment. the magnetic field lags behind the current change. producing electreical hystersis loop.

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

a current is applied a magnetic field is generated. current is reversed zeros its repeat. metal maintains degree of magnetizem dipole aligment. the magnetic field lags behind the current change. producing electreical hystersis loop.

Physics news on Phys.org
lee123456789 said:
elastic hystersis
lee123456789 said:
a current is applied a magnetic field is generated
The word "elastic" implies mechanical. The word "magnetic" implies magnetic hysteresis (like in the Wikipedia link I posted).

Can you please clarify what you are asking about? Do a Google search and find some links and diagrams that show what you are wanting to ask about, so we can try to help you understand. Thanks.

berkeman said:
The word "elastic" implies mechanical. The word "magnetic" implies magnetic hysteresis (like in the Wikipedia link I posted).

Can you please clarify what you are asking about? Do a Google search and find some links and diagrams that show what you are wanting to ask about, so we can try to help you understand. Thanks.
sorry i meant electrical
been trying to understand electrical hystersis for past 2 week and can't find simple definations for it
ive wrote about magnetic and electrical and mechanical
dont understand what electrical hystersis is

i thought electrical hysteresis was - magnetic field applied to metal produces alignments of dipoles and reverse back zero it retains memory of it, apply current to it the magnetic field lags behind the applied current.

Last edited:
i write amount magnet, elastic and electrical
a few lines each don't need many i wrote on it

i gave how heat given of u stretching rubber can cause degration within the polymer
and metals contain degee of elasticity so reform better than polymers

electrical hysterises
wrote about heat given off during hystersis can effect metal wiring rasising temperature decreasing curreny effeiency/running through the wire

dont kno wwhat to write for magnetic hystersis

lee123456789 said:
dont kno wwhat to write for magnetic hystersis
Did you read the Wikipedia link that I posted in Post #2? :smile:

berkeman said:
Did you read the Wikipedia link that I posted in Post #2? :smile:
Ya thanks

i just think of negative effect of magnet hystersis like degration effecti got that for electrical hysterises degration
wrote about heat given off during hystersis can effect metal wiring rasising temperature decreasing curreny effeiency/running through the wire

I'd have thought magnetic hysteresis was the easiest of the three.
Think about permanent magnets and remnance.
Think about applications like magnetic recording and magnetic memory,
Think about inrush currents and transformer design (and maybe other electromagnet machinery.).

Merlin3189 said:
I'd have thought magnetic hysteresis was the easiest of the three.
Think about permanent magnets and remnance.
Think about applications like magnetic recording and magnetic memory,
Think about inrush currents and transformer design (and maybe other electromagnet machinery.).
can i just check
is that ok/correct understanding of it, what i wrote for electrical hystersis
Eletrical

In ferroelectric materials, Relenship between input and output of magnetic field and voltage. Voltage roduced lapses behind changing magnetic field. Present in metals. in Ferroelectric materials, in which the the polarity (storage of charges) lags behind the change in eletric field . when it repeat . it retain degree of polarity

Metal wires carring a current generates electrical hysterises producing heat, this course the current to have lower effieceny transfer of current so causing greater heat loss as well as the addition heat and energy loss from the

Present in wires of electrical cables

I'm sorry. Yes, I was talking of ferromagnetic materials. I see you are interested in ferroelectric materials.
I'm afraid I can't help much there.

Merlin3189 said:
I'm sorry. Yes, I was talking of ferromagnetic materials. I see you are interested in ferroelectric materials.
I'm afraid I can't help much there.
no problem thank you for looking anyway

i found one,
polarised metal from magnetic hystersis increases degration of the metal by corrision

is this right for eletricl hystsersis
Relenship between input and output of magnetic field and voltage. Voltage roduced lapses behind changing magnetic field. Present in metals. in Ferroelectric materials, in which the the polarity (storage of charges) lags behind the change in eletric field . when it repeat . it retain degree of polarity. current is applied a magnetic field is generated. current is reversed zeros its repeat. metal maintains degree of magnetizem dipole aligment. the magnetic field lags behind the current change. producing electreical hystersis loop.

lee123456789 said:
Elastic hysteresis. I have no idea on it. Looking for simple explanation for it.
The behavior of a system with hysteresis will depend on what happened to it in the past.
If you take away the magnetizing force from a piece of iron, the iron will remember it.

Related to What is Elastic Hysteresis and How Does it Affect Electric Systems?

What is electrical hysteresis?

Electrical hysteresis is the phenomenon where the response of a material or system to electrical input is dependent on its previous history. It occurs when the system is unable to immediately return to its original state after the input has been removed.

What causes electrical hysteresis?

Electrical hysteresis is caused by the presence of energy barriers within the material or system. These barriers prevent the system from immediately returning to its original state, resulting in a lag between the input and output signals.

What are some practical applications of electrical hysteresis?

Electrical hysteresis is commonly seen in magnetic materials, and is used in devices such as transformers, electric motors, and inductors. It is also used in electronic circuits to create memory elements and control switches.

How is electrical hysteresis measured?

The degree of hysteresis can be measured by plotting the input and output signals on a graph and measuring the area between the two curves. This is known as the hysteresis loop and can provide information about the material or system's behavior.

Can electrical hysteresis be reduced or eliminated?

While it is difficult to completely eliminate hysteresis, it can be reduced by using materials with lower energy barriers or by applying a reverse magnetic field to counteract the hysteresis loop. Careful design and engineering can also help to minimize the effects of hysteresis in practical applications.