What Is a Scanner in Compiler Design?

• Thread starter SuperSusanoo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Assignment
In summary, the conversation revolves around a student requesting guidance on an assignment and asking for clarification on the use and relevance of a "file scanner". The respondent suggests consulting study materials and shows concern about the student's lack of effort. The thread is then locked until the student can show effort in understanding the problem.
SuperSusanoo

Homework Statement

I am totally lost with this assignment. I don't even know what to study in order to do it. I posted a file with the main feature of the assignment, so I am just wondering if you can orient me little bit. Any advise would be useful

First of all, what is a scanner and how does it relate to this assignment?

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Screenshot (32).png
[/B]

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
What would you guess that a "file scanner" might be?

@SuperSusanoo I see you have been on the forum since I posted my question. Have you lost interest and are abandoning this thread?

phinds said:
@SuperSusanoo I see you have been on the forum since I posted my question. Have you lost interest and are abandoning this thread?
Yeah, looks like they have more fundamental problems..

https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/what-should-i-do.890646/

Thread is locked until @SuperSusanoo can send me a message showing some effort on this problem. The scanner part of a compiler is pretty straightforward if you read the textbook or other study materials...

Related to What Is a Scanner in Compiler Design?

What is a compiler?

A compiler is a computer program that translates source code written in a programming language into a lower-level language or machine code that can be executed by a computer.

Why do I need help with my compilers assignment?

Compilers assignments can be complex and require a deep understanding of programming languages and computer science concepts. Seeking help can ensure that you understand the material and complete the assignment accurately.

How can I find reliable help for my compilers assignment?

You can find reliable help for your compilers assignment by seeking assistance from a qualified tutor or consulting with experienced programmers. You can also find online resources and forums that offer support and guidance for compilers assignments.

What are some common challenges students face when completing compilers assignments?

Some common challenges students face when completing compilers assignments include understanding complex algorithms, debugging code, and managing time effectively. Additionally, students may struggle with implementing theoretical concepts into practical code.

How can I improve my skills in compilers and programming in general?

To improve your skills in compilers and programming, you can practice regularly, read and study algorithms and programming concepts, and seek guidance from experienced programmers. It's also helpful to work on projects and assignments that challenge you and help you apply your knowledge in real-world scenarios.