What humorously witty animal hybrid/s would you create from this list ?

In summary, the conversation included discussions of creating hybrid animals, such as a kangaroo/penguin that can't hop, a sea wolf with a complex social structure, and a bear/deer called a "beer". Other ideas included a sea monkey horse, a fish/duck combo, and a turtle with a serpent neck and bird head. There were also humorous suggestions, such as a cocroach/sucker fish hybrid and an elephant/rabbit combination. Overall, the conversation was filled with creative and humorous ideas for animal hybrids.
KL70
If in an imaginary world, you had to create a (creatively and humorously) witty hydrid between any TWO single admired (or even disliked) animals listed below, what are the wittiest ones you'd create and what would be unique or funny about your animal hybrid ?

Fish.
Penguin.
Sea horse.
Meerkat.
Parrot.
Bear.
Kangaroo.
Duck.
Deer.
Wolf.
Monkey.
Seal.

Physics news on Phys.org
Kangaroo/penguin. Must be unable to hop. Try to imagine a kangaroo-like creature shuffling around like a penguin.

Hurkyl said:
Kangaroo/penguin. Must be unable to hop. Try to imagine a kangaroo-like creature shuffling around like a penguin.
Now that's just cruel. Poor bird can't fly then is made part kangaroo and can't hop. It can't even be hopping mad!

I don't like the choices. I'd rather create a hybrid of a weird, purple jellyfish, and the element, helium, which everyone agrees is the most humorous element.

MonkangaBear

It can jump 14 feet into the air and use its prehenciled tail to scratch its own back!

A sea wolf not only sounds like a good television series, but it's mainly known for its ability to develop a complicated social structure and hunt its favorite prey (the Meerot Duck) in packs.

The Meerot Duck may seem very similar in behavoir as the Penguideerot, but it's completely different. The Penguideerot preferrs to live on land whereas the Meerot duck preferrs fresh water. They both make funny sounds that resemble sean connery speaking through a didgeridoo with his mouth full of chocolate cake, but the sounds mean different things to each species.

The Meerwolf.

The carnivorous wolfhorse (looks like a horse, but hunts like wolf!)

There are man eating horses in Greek mythology.

I was thinking of a Wolfeal {wolf/seal} that could finally give those pesky Great Whites a run for there money.
Or a duckaroo, only because I like the name.

Bear and a Deer, because I could call it a Beer. :biggrin:

It should have the head of a Bear so that people viewing it would say, "Wow just look at the head on that Beer. :-p

I'd make a sea monkey horse, so they have something to ride.

no a fish and a duck. Cause everyone loves a good ****

I'd like to cross a meerkat with a gnu, something not on the list, because meergnu would get along so well.

Take Trib's Fish Duck, then add a Yak and El Hom's Gnu.

I've been trying hard for the last fifteen minutes trying to think of an animal that starts with "dil," to go with dodo. Its not working.

I want to cross an elephant with a rabbit. Imagine relephants hopping in the garden and smelling the flowers with their little trunks! Of course you might just end up with a rabbit with a big hole in it.

I have an external design for a "serpent-turtle-bird" combination:

*Imagine a large turtle with a hard shell:
1) With a long serpent neck and a serpent/bird head
2) Slits in the shell for large wings
3) A serpent tail (caudal fin and all)

-What do you guys think?

Mk said:
I've been trying hard for the last fifteen minutes trying to think of an animal that starts with "dil," to go with dodo. Its not working.
go with the plant then.

how about breeding a cocroach with a sucker fish to get an Artman

Mk, cross an Opblaaskrokodil and a dodo bird.

tribdog said:
how about breeding a cocroach with a sucker fish to get an Artman
That's pretty good, but we all know that's just a lot of what you get when you combine a Bull Elephant and a ****zu. :-p

That's too funny, I can't even get the $hitzu to come up! The forum keeps changing the first 4 letters to ****!

Last edited:
Not my work, but thought it appropriate ...

Last edited:

Related to What humorously witty animal hybrid/s would you create from this list ?

1. What is the process of creating a humorously witty animal hybrid?

Creating a humorously witty animal hybrid involves combining the genetic material of two or more animals through artificial insemination or genetic engineering. The specific process may vary depending on the animals involved, but it typically requires advanced scientific knowledge and techniques.

2. Can any two animals be combined to create a humorously witty hybrid?

Technically, yes. However, it is important to consider the ethical implications and potential consequences of creating a hybrid that may not be biologically viable or may suffer from health issues. It is important to prioritize the well-being of both animals involved in the hybridization process.

3. What are some examples of humorously witty animal hybrids that have already been created?

Some examples of existing humorously witty animal hybrids include the liger (lion and tiger), zonkey (zebra and donkey), and cama (camel and llama). These hybrids are often created for entertainment purposes or as attractions in zoos.

4. Are there any potential benefits to creating humorously witty animal hybrids?

Aside from the potential for entertainment value, creating animal hybrids may have some scientific benefits. For example, studying the genetic makeup and behavior of hybrids can provide insight into the evolutionary process and help us better understand how different species adapt and evolve.

5. Are there any drawbacks to creating humorously witty animal hybrids?

There are several potential drawbacks to creating animal hybrids. These include ethical concerns, potential health issues for the hybrids, and the impact on the natural ecosystem if the hybrids were to escape into the wild. Additionally, the creation of hybrids may perpetuate the idea that animals are mere commodities for human entertainment.

Back