What happens if I start a thread in this forum?

• Thread starter Math Is Hard
  • Start date
In summary, there is a moderation queue in this forum that seems to affect gold members who are not HH or SA. Even retired staff members are not immune to this queue. The issue has been ongoing since the forum upgrade.
Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
what happens if I start a thread in this forum? Will it also go into moderation queue?

Physics news on Phys.org

Math Is Hard said:
what happens if I start a thread in this forum? Will it also go into moderation queue?

Yes!

(For the record, I pulled this out of the mod queue).

Mods should be able to skip to the front of the queue.

There shouldn't be a queue should there?

Kurdt said:
There shouldn't be a queue should there?

This has been a problem for some time now in this forum, I believe since the upgrade. (Correct me if I'm wrong on the time.)It seems anyone who is a gold member, but not a HH or SA gets all their posts in this forum sent to a moderation queue. Really weird. I wish there was something I could do to help, but it seems like all I can offer is moral support and cheers:

"WOOT! Go Greg, you can fix everything! We're here for you during these times of hardship! Go Greg!" :biggrin:

you'd think my retired staff medal would give me immunity!

Math Is Hard said:

That's what you get for retiring. :biggrin:

Math Is Hard said:
Maybe you're thinking of 'Survivor', but it should work here, too. Well, at least we won't bump you off.

Moonbear said:
That's what you get for retiring. :biggrin:

ah, the forum Gods are punishing me.

Astronuc said:
Maybe you're thinking of 'Survivor', but it should work here, too. Well, at least we won't bump you off.

I got PF mixed up with TV again.

Related to What happens if I start a thread in this forum?

1. What is a thread?

A thread in an online forum is a new discussion topic started by a user. It allows for users to ask questions, share information, and engage in conversations with other users.

2. How do I start a thread?

To start a thread, you will typically need to click on a button or link that says "New Thread" or "Start a Discussion." This will bring up a form where you can enter the title and content of your thread.

3. Can I reply to a thread?

Yes, you can reply to a thread by clicking on the "Reply" button or link within the thread. This will allow you to add your response to the discussion and engage with other users.

4. What should I include in my thread?

When starting a thread, it is important to provide a clear and concise title that accurately reflects the topic of your discussion. In the content of your thread, you should include relevant information, questions, or thoughts that will encourage others to engage in the conversation.

5. What happens after I start a thread?

After you start a thread, other users will be able to see and respond to it. You may receive notifications when someone replies to your thread, and you can continue to engage in the conversation by replying to others' responses.