What happened to "the Ballad of Maxwell's equations" sung to the tune of A-Ha, "take on me"?

miner_tom
Hi folks, I know that this exists. I used to be able to find it. But not anymore. It goes something like "Gauss and Faraday, had a lot of thing to say about magnetic fields" and on and on. I hope that it still exists but I have not been able to find it anywhere.

Thanks
Tom

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org

• Informative
  • Haha
Likes nsaspook, BillTre, Vanadium 50 and 1 other person
Take on Me? Maxwell's Equations? The 1880's meet the 1980's?

Likes miner_tom

1. What is "The Ballad of Maxwell's equations"?

"The Ballad of Maxwell's equations" is a song that was created by a group of scientists to help students remember and understand the four fundamental equations of electromagnetism, known as Maxwell's equations.

2. Why was the song sung to the tune of A-Ha's "Take On Me"?

The song was sung to the tune of A-Ha's "Take On Me" because the melody and rhythm of the song were found to be catchy and easy to remember, making it a perfect fit for teaching complex scientific concepts.

3. Who wrote "The Ballad of Maxwell's equations"?

The song was written by a group of scientists and educators who wanted to find a fun and creative way to teach students about Maxwell's equations. The specific authors of the song are unknown, but it has been shared and used by many scientists and educators around the world.

4. Is "The Ballad of Maxwell's equations" an effective teaching tool?

Many students and teachers have found "The Ballad of Maxwell's equations" to be a highly effective teaching tool. The catchy tune and clever lyrics make it easy for students to remember and understand the complex equations, making it a valuable resource in science education.

5. Where can I find "The Ballad of Maxwell's equations"?

The song can be found on various online platforms, such as YouTube and SoundCloud, where it has been shared by scientists and educators. It may also be available on educational websites or resources related to electromagnetism and Maxwell's equations.