What happened to simple function?

• Thread starter cookiemnstr510510
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Function
In summary, the "simple" function in MATLAB was replaced by "simplify". However, the "simplify" function only shows the simplest answer, whereas "simple" in the textbook showed multiple ways to simplify an expression. "Simple" was removed after R2014b and the current documentation for the "simplify" function can be found at the provided link.
cookiemnstr510510
Hello All,
I have a question regarding the simple function in MATLAB.
My textbook talks about it and it looks very useful, it will show you a bunch of steps of how to simplify an expression or equation.
I am using MATLAB R2018b and it looks like the function is gone. I am wondering if something took its place? it looks super useful.
Thanks so much

Physics news on Phys.org
The "simple" function was replaced by "simplify".

Hmmm. When I type simplify it only shows me the simplest answer, versus in my textbook when you type simple it shows a ton of different answers, going through each possible way to simplify it until you get to the "simplest" one.

Related to What happened to simple function?

What happened to simple function?

Simple function refers to a basic process or operation that can be easily understood and performed. It is often associated with early stages of learning in a particular subject or skill. The concept of simple function remains relevant in various fields, but its usage and importance may have changed over time.

Why is simple function important?

Simple function helps to build a foundation for more complex tasks and concepts. It allows individuals to grasp the basics and build upon them to understand more advanced concepts. In many scientific fields, simple function is still used as a fundamental tool for problem-solving and experimentation.

Has simple function become obsolete?

No, simple function has not become obsolete. In fact, it is still a crucial aspect of learning and understanding in many fields. However, its usage and application may have evolved with the advancement of technology and research methods.

Are there any alternatives to simple function?

There may be alternatives to simple function, such as more advanced techniques or tools, but the concept itself remains relevant. It is important to understand the basics before moving on to more complex methods.

How can I improve my understanding of simple function?

To improve your understanding of simple function, it is important to practice and apply it in various scenarios. Additionally, seeking guidance from experts or mentors in your field can also help to deepen your understanding of simple function and its application.