What happened to i3 which joins with I1 to become I4?

In summary, the conversation is about someone struggling with a bridge circuit and seeking help. They have found the current to be 2A and have derived equations using Kirchhoff's Voltage and Current Laws. However, they are unsure how to incorporate i3 into their analysis and are considering hiring a tutor for assistance.
DunceKirchhoff
http://i42.tinypic.com/10sfxa1.jpg

Im having trouble with the bridge circuit.

I see the current has been given 2A

So 6.6=3i1+2(i1-i2)
5i1-2i2=6.6

So applying KVL I get

0=4i2+5i1-3(2-i1)
8i2+5i1=6

So using simultaneous equations I get-

5i1-2i2=6.6
5i1+8i2=6

So 10i2=12.6

i2= 1.26 But that's the answer for i1!

Im new to physics so I am learning from scratch...but I am willing to put in the hours because I really need this qualification. Was considering hiring a tutor but money is scarce for me just now.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Physics news on Phys.org
DunceKirchhoff said:
http://i42.tinypic.com/10sfxa1.jpg

Im having trouble with the bridge circuit.

I see the current has been given 2A

So 6.6=3i1+2(i1-i2)
5i1-2i2=6.6
What happened to i3 which joins with I1 to become I4?

You'll need to employ a few more KCL relationships (or use some other analysis methods if you've covered them, such as mesh or nodal analysis).

Using just KCL and KVL I'd suggest writing KCL for each node to begin with so that you have a set of relationships between all the currents. Then write KVL for three loops and pound away at the substitutions...

Related to What happened to i3 which joins with I1 to become I4?

1. What is a Wheatstone Bridge Circuit #2?

A Wheatstone Bridge Circuit #2 is an electrical circuit that is used to measure unknown resistance by comparing it to a known resistance.

2. How does a Wheatstone Bridge Circuit #2 work?

A Wheatstone Bridge Circuit #2 works by balancing the two sides of the bridge with known resistances, and then measuring the unknown resistance based on the ratio of the known resistances.

3. What are the components of a Wheatstone Bridge Circuit #2?

The components of a Wheatstone Bridge Circuit #2 include a power source, a galvanometer, and four resistors arranged in a diamond shape.

4. What is the purpose of using a Wheatstone Bridge Circuit #2?

The purpose of using a Wheatstone Bridge Circuit #2 is to accurately measure unknown resistances, such as in strain gauges, thermistors, and other electrical devices.

5. What are some common applications of a Wheatstone Bridge Circuit #2?

Some common applications of a Wheatstone Bridge Circuit #2 include measuring strain in mechanical structures, monitoring temperature changes, and detecting small changes in resistance in electrical circuits.