What gizmos do you have in your garage

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
In summary: I have a 180 A. MIG welder, 9" metal lathe, bench drill press, three motorcycles--all Harleys of vintages 1948, 1984, and 2000 (and a 1946 Harley in my outside shop), a 6500W. generator for when the power goes out (pretty often where I live), and Makes it easy to do a clutch change. 2milehi, i am jealous.In summary, my garage is full of gadgets that make it easy to do various tasks.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Do you have a mega watt laser or a similar high wattage gizmo or some thing equally cool, if you do can you post a picture of it.

Physics news on Phys.org
If I had a garage I would fill it with so many things... In my bedroom I have a PLC trainer I am building from scratch that is half completed.

Likes wolram
Cool (to me...) gadgets in my garage:
  • 180 A. MIG welder
  • 9" metal lathe
  • Bench drill press
  • Three motorcycles -- all Harleys of vintages 1948, 1984, and 2000 (and a 1946 Harley in my outside shop)
  • 6500W. generator for when the power goes out (pretty often where I live)

Likes wolram
Makes it easy to do a clutch change

TP9KAC__87122.1397496721.1280.1280.jpg

Likes wolram
It makes working on cars much easier 2milehi, i am jealous.:))

Instead of a garage, we have a detached carport with an enclosed storage room at the rear. Nothing exciting in there: two bicycles, some garden tools and spiderwebs.

jtbell said:
Instead of a garage, we have a detached carport with an enclosed storage room at the rear. Nothing exciting in there: two bicycles, some garden tools and spiderwebs.
Which spiders?

fresh_42 said:
Which spiders?
Blessed if I know, I'm no biologist. :-p I hardly ever see them, anyway, just the webs. Actually, I don't even usually see them before I run into them. ?:)

jtbell said:
Blessed if I know, I'm no biologist. :-p I hardly ever see them, anyway, just the webs. Actually, I don't even usually see them before I run into them. ?:)
Sorry, I was late looking up SC. If it were Australia it might have been interesting to know before running into them :confused:

42'x22'.. Metal lathe, 1 stick and 1 MIG welder (WANT a TIG and Plasma cutter)... drill press... Looking for a milling machine... Oilseed press, woodworking tools, big wood stove.. a dozen chain saws in various states of repair, 4 dirt bikes (2x 1984 XR 500, 1997 XR400, 1987 XR100), Some Cummins internals.. a front end for my buddy's truck we'll probably install tonight... A 1964 NTSC vectorscope (trying to find a way to make it useful)...
Sound system is my computer (12TB storage) through a Marantz 2275 amp, 4x10" speakers... The sound of that amp is WONDERFUL.. and it blows the doors off any modern unit with even double the power ratings.

Spiders? yeah, I got them too here... The one family of spiders I don't mind are the Salticidae.. they're pretty cool!

Rx7man said:
42'x22'.. Metal lathe, 1 stick and 1 MIG welder (WANT a TIG and Plasma cutter)... drill press... Looking for a milling machine... Oilseed press, woodworking tools, big wood stove.. a dozen chain saws in various states of repair, 4 dirt bikes (2x 1984 XR 500, 1997 XR400, 1987 XR100), Some Cummins internals.. a front end for my buddy's truck we'll probably install tonight... A 1964 NTSC vectorscope (trying to find a way to make it useful)...
Sound system is my computer (12TB storage) through a Marantz 2275 amp, 4x10" speakers... The sound of that amp is WONDERFUL.. and it blows the doors off any modern unit with even double the power ratings.

Spiders? yeah, I got them too here... The one family of spiders I don't mind are the Salticidae.. they're pretty cool!
And I first read you have a MiG in your garage.

Likes Mondayman
That would be kinda fun.. but expensive

Boolean Boogey said:
If I had a garage I would fill it with so many things...

My garage IS full of so many things that there is no room for the car in it

Related to What gizmos do you have in your garage

1. What kind of scientific equipment do you have in your garage?

As a scientist, I have a variety of scientific equipment in my garage. This includes microscopes, centrifuges, spectrophotometers, and other laboratory tools.

2. Do you have any specialized instruments in your garage?

Yes, I have some specialized instruments in my garage that I use for specific experiments. These include PCR machines, gel electrophoresis systems, and DNA sequencers.

3. Are there any unique gizmos in your garage that you've created yourself?

Yes, as a scientist, I enjoy tinkering and creating my own tools and gizmos. I have a homemade incubator, a DIY magnetic stirrer, and a custom-built spectrophotometer using a smartphone camera.

4. How do you maintain and calibrate all of your scientific equipment in your garage?

I regularly clean and calibrate all of my scientific equipment to ensure accurate and reliable results. I use specialized cleaning solutions and follow manufacturer guidelines for calibration procedures.

5. Can you give an example of a scientific project you've worked on in your garage?

One project I worked on in my garage was studying the effects of different light wavelengths on plant growth. I used a DIY LED light setup and various sensors to measure plant growth and photosynthesis rates.