How can you sell apples equally among three sons with the same procedure?

• Thread starter BaRoN NiGhT
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Puzzle
In summary, the puzzle presents a father who has 90 apples and three children, A, B, and C. The father instructs each child to sell a certain number of apples with the same procedure as their siblings to result in the same income. Various solutions are proposed, including selling for free or using different currency denominations, but ultimately the correct answer is to sell the apples in bags of 7 for $1 and the remaining apples for $3 each. This results in each child earning $10. The puzzle is deemed imperfect and requires clarification.
BaRoN NiGhT
hi! I've got a puzzle.can u solve it?here it is:

a father has 90 apples.he has 3 children: A,B,and C.one day, the father told his children this:

Come here A, sell this 50 apples with the same procedure like your 2 brothers that result the same income
Come here B, sell this 30 apples with the same procedure like your 2 brothers that result the same income
Come here C, sell this 10 apples with the same procedure like your 2 brothers that result the same income

how can u sell it to have the same income between those three with the same procedure?

--------------------
[PLAIN]http://www.pesantren.net/khazanah/imej-pionir/ibnsina.jpg [Broken]
Ibnu Sina (Avicenna in the West)
The Teacher of Kings

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
as i understand i think each son could sell the apples for free so they will get the same income
or:
a=1/5 $ "for each apple"
b=1/3 $
c=1 $

am i right?
because i feel i am in a bigggggg wrong

not quite right.giving for free is not selling.as i said, they have to sell it.and the 1/5,1/3,and the 1 $ thing is also not the answer.its not the same procedure. ifyou sell it like that, the procedure would not be the same.the procedure has to be the same.

--------------------
http://www.pesantren.net/khazanah/imej-pionir/ibnsina.jpg [Broken]
The Teacher of Kings

well, how about exagerating and selling each apple for [oo] $ (or whatever currency they used)?

ow c'mon, what apple costs [oo] $ ? this a real thing and can be done in a real life too.and this doesn't has a connection wtih currencies.

--------------------
[PLAIN]http://www.pesantren.net/khazanah/imej-pionir/ibnsina.jpg [Broken]
The Teacher of Kings

What do you mean by procedure ?

sell them by the pound

origionally posted by jb

sell them by the pound

I agree.

Each sell a bag of apples for $10.
Each bag has all the apples given to each son.

Originally posted by Dave
Each sell a bag of apples for $10.
Each bag has all the apples given to each son.

guess my puzzle has some holes in it.i think it could be answered by daves answer, but that's not what i mean.well, i think i need to expose it, cause the inperfection of my puzzle that has been found by dave.my version is:

-put those apples in a bag with each bag contains 7 apples.sell it for 1 $
-the rest of apples,sell it with 7 $

now u can calculate that

A= (1$ x 7 bags) + 3$ x 1 apple = 10$
B= (1$ x 4 bags) + 3$ x 2 apples = 10$
C= (1$ x 1 bag) + 3$ x 3 apples = 10$

thats it.good for u dave!
--------------------
http://www.pesantren.net/khazanah/imej-pionir/ibnsina.jpg [Broken]
The Teacher of Kings

1. What is a math puzzle question?

A math puzzle question is a type of problem that requires logical thinking and mathematical skills to solve. It usually involves numbers, patterns, or shapes and can have multiple solutions.

2. Why are math puzzle questions important?

Math puzzle questions help develop critical thinking skills, problem-solving abilities, and mathematical reasoning. They also make learning math more fun and engaging.

3. How do I solve a math puzzle question?

To solve a math puzzle question, start by carefully reading and understanding the given information. Then, use your knowledge of math concepts and logical reasoning to come up with a solution. It may also be helpful to try different approaches and strategies until you find the correct answer.

4. Can math puzzle questions be solved without using math?

Yes, some math puzzle questions can be solved without using actual math equations. These types of puzzles often require creative thinking and problem-solving skills.

5. Where can I find math puzzle questions to practice?

There are many sources for math puzzle questions, including books, websites, and mobile apps. You can also create your own puzzles by using math concepts and everyday objects.