Trouble Searching for Previous Post?

• Thread starter strubenuff
  • Start date
In summary, the speaker had posted a question in the astrophysics forum but was not familiar with the layout and couldn't find their post. They were instructed to click on the members tab and search for their name to find all their posts. The speaker then shares their experience using the search feature and asks for help with it not working properly.
strubenuff
I posted a question in the astrophysics forum a couple days ago entitled something like "sub dwarfs." Unfortunately, I'm not very familiar with these forums and didn't reallize that if you scroll down from the main page there are forums for asking questions (I was looking for who coined the term). I assume my thread was moved into a more appropriate forum, but I can't seem to find it any of them. Any help? Can I do an search in all forums?

Physics news on Phys.org
click on the members tab at the top of the page, find your name in the list, click on search, all of your posts will be listed. Just before I posted this it showed that you had 3 posts, 2 in Theoritical Physics.

In your posting herein, click on the "search" button, bottom left (sorta) of your posting, that takes you to a listing of all of your postings.
Or use your "User control panel" top, on the right, button on the very left, says "User CP", select to see your posts "From the beginning" on the bottom right of the "subscribed threads" listing.
...And, have Fun!

Nifty, a couple of months here and I never noticed the search feature. In fact I was thinking of suggesting something like this. Display of ignorance narrowly averted! (except for the fact that I just admitted it.. er ah..)

Anyway, it doesn't seem to quite work for me. The initial page listing the 25 most recent posts works fine, but when I try to move to a listing of older posts, it only takes me back to the original list of 25 most recent posts, except now it says "listing posts 1 to 0." Any help here?

1. How can I find a previous post on a specific topic?

To find a previous post on a specific topic, you can use the search function on the website or use keywords related to the topic in the search bar. You can also browse through the categories or tags to find related posts.

2. Is there a way to view my previous posts in chronological order?

Yes, most websites have an archive section where you can view all your previous posts in chronological order. You can also use the date filter to narrow down your search for a specific time period.

3. Can I access a post that has been deleted?

It depends on the website's policies. Some websites may have an option to view deleted posts, while others may not. If you have a direct link to the post, you may still be able to access it.

4. How do I find a post that I saved or bookmarked?

If you have saved or bookmarked a post, you can usually find it in your profile or account settings. Some websites may also have a "saved posts" section where you can access all the posts you have saved.

5. Can I search for a previous post by the author's name?

Yes, most websites have an option to search for posts by the author's name. You can either use the search bar or click on the author's name to view all their posts. You can also use the author's name as a keyword in the search bar to find related posts.