What does the phrase "Mined to the ground" mean?

In summary, the speaker is emphasizing the high cost of actions taken in the field, as every meter and kilometer is potentially dangerous due to mines. This could refer to a literal battlefield or a broader context, such as political or social issues. The phrase "mined to the ground" likely means that the area is heavily mined, making it extremely hazardous.
askingquestion
“Every meter, every kilometer costs lives. You can do something really fast, but the field is mined to the ground,” he said.
From the link: https://edition.cnn.com/2023/07/01/...kraine-zelensky-prigozhin-intl-hnk/index.html
What is the meaning of being mined to the ground?
I try to google it and I don't understand the results. I am also not native English.

Physics news on Phys.org
I don' think it's a colloquialism. I think it means that there the Russians have placed mines in the ground all over the place.

• Sad
Likes mcastillo356 and askingquestion
I doesn't make sense, but I'm pretty sure he means there are a great many mines in the ground.

Likes askingquestion

1. What does the phrase "Mined to the ground" mean?

The phrase "Mined to the ground" refers to the act of extracting or digging out all of the minerals or resources from a particular area until there is nothing left to be mined.

2. Is "Mined to the ground" a common phrase in the scientific community?

While the phrase may be used in certain scientific fields such as geology or mining engineering, it is not a commonly used phrase in the broader scientific community.

3. Can "Mined to the ground" also refer to the complete exhaustion of resources in a particular area?

Yes, the phrase can also be used to describe the complete depletion of resources in a certain location due to excessive mining activities.

4. Are there any negative consequences associated with "Mined to the ground"?

Yes, excessive mining can lead to environmental degradation, loss of biodiversity, and displacement of communities. It can also contribute to air and water pollution.

5. Is "Mined to the ground" a reversible process?

In most cases, the process of mining to the ground is irreversible as it involves extracting resources that cannot be replenished. However, efforts can be made to mitigate the negative impacts and promote sustainable mining practices.

Back