What do Discrete Mathematical Structures and Elementary Linear Algebra cover?

• Thread starter Miike012
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Class
In summary, discrete mathematical structures deals with logic, graphs, trees, and discrete probability, while elementary linear algebra focuses on matrices, solving systems of equations, and eigenvalues and vectors. Discrete math is often required by computer science departments due to its relevance to logic.
Miike012
1. Discrete mathematical structures
2. elementary linear algebra

I was interested in taking these two classes but I'm not sure what they are about...?
can some one give me a brief explanation ?

Physics news on Phys.org
linear algebra is about matrices, solving systems of equations, multidimensional vectors and their spaces (including sub), as well as eigenvalues and vectors.

discrete math deals more with logic, i haven't taken the class, so i can't give you a better understanding other than to direct you here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discrete_mathematics

i think discrete is required by most computer science depts, because of it's dealings with logic.

Discrete math focuses on things that don't involve limits, or stuff that is continuous.

This means anything to do with calculus is ruled out.

The stuff includes graphs, trees, discrete probability, areas of logic and other stuff.

Related to What do Discrete Mathematical Structures and Elementary Linear Algebra cover?

1. What is the purpose of class selection questions?

Class selection questions are used to determine the best course of action or decision in a given situation. It allows individuals to evaluate their options and make a well-informed choice.

2. How do you determine which class to choose?

The best way to determine which class to choose is by considering your personal interests, skills, and academic/career goals. You can also seek advice from academic advisors, peers, or professionals in the field.

3. Can I change my class selection after it has been finalized?

It depends on the policies of your institution or organization. Some may allow class changes within a specific timeframe, while others may not allow any changes once the selection has been finalized.

4. Are there any prerequisites for certain classes?

Yes, some classes may have prerequisites that must be met before enrolling. These prerequisites can include completing specific courses, achieving a certain grade, or having prior knowledge in a subject area.

5. What should I do if the class I want is full?

If the class you want is full, you can try to add yourself to the waitlist or check for any available spots during the add/drop period. You can also speak to the professor or academic advisor to see if any accommodations can be made.