What Could Be Causing This Error Message in Pspice?

• Thread starter Saeed.z
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Pspice
In summary, there are several possible reasons why your Pspice netlist may not be created, including errors in your circuit design, incorrect syntax in your netlist commands, or missing libraries. To troubleshoot this issue, you can check for errors in your circuit design, verify the correctness of your netlist commands, ensure all necessary libraries are included, update your Pspice software, and consult online resources. It is also possible to create a Pspice netlist without using the GUI and include subcircuits using the .SUBCKT command. A Pspice netlist is a text file used for simulation, while a schematic is a visual representation of a circuit used for design and troubleshooting purposes.
Saeed.z
i have a problem in PSPICE

i created a simple circuit but after clicking on ' simulate ' , a message appears :

http://imageshack.us/a/img585/7118/erroru.gif

any help ? thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Likes gianluca.carpen
Physics news on Phys.org
ERC can possibly mean electrical rule check here. Are you breaking any common sense rule? check all your node names that they are different.

Also I havn't seen an error with this message before in pspice.

Related to What Could Be Causing This Error Message in Pspice?

1. Why is my Pspice netlist not being created?

There could be several reasons why your Pspice netlist is not being created. Some possible causes include errors in your circuit design, incorrect syntax in your netlist commands, or missing libraries. It is important to carefully check your circuit and netlist for any mistakes.

2. How do I troubleshoot my Pspice netlist creation?

To troubleshoot your Pspice netlist creation, you can try the following steps:

• Check for errors in your circuit design and fix them.
  • Verify that your netlist commands are correctly written and formatted.
  • Make sure that all necessary libraries are included in your netlist.
  • Check if your Pspice software is up to date and compatible with your operating system.
  • Consult online forums and user guides for potential solutions.

3. Can I create a Pspice netlist without using the GUI?

Yes, it is possible to create a Pspice netlist without using the GUI. You can use a text editor to write your netlist commands, or use the Pspice Model Editor to generate the netlist automatically.

4. How do I include subcircuits in my Pspice netlist?

To include subcircuits in your Pspice netlist, you will need to add the subcircuit definition to your netlist using the .SUBCKT command. Make sure that the subcircuit file is in the same directory as your netlist and that the subcircuit name is spelled correctly.

5. What is the difference between a Pspice netlist and a schematic?

A Pspice netlist is a text file that lists all the components, nodes, and connections in a circuit, while a schematic is a visual representation of a circuit. The netlist is used by the Pspice software to simulate the circuit, while the schematic is used for design and troubleshooting purposes.