What are the magnetic states of nucleons?

In summary, the conversation discusses the limits and possibilities of increasing the magnetic field through spin in a quantum system, with a particular focus on nucleons and their behavior. It also brings up a theory about electron spin and its relation to the speed of light. The conversation ends with a discussion about building a fusion reactor and a request for information on excited states of certain nuclei.
Javier Lopez
Could I have hundred times the ground state or there is a limit?
Is there a limit for excited magnetic momentum that if reached the nucleous explode or generate gammas?

I suppose If I excite it it would spin faster but proportional to quantum values. Note: there is a "theory" to avoid electron surface reaching light speed limit

Physics news on Phys.org
The notion of spin in a quantum system is not the same as a classical system. Hence the notion of the electron reaching light speed doesn’t apply in this case.

Susskind’s Theoretical Minimum series has a book on QM that might clarify the spin part.

Closing thread.

@Javier Lopez asks:
I only need to know if is possible to increase the magnetic field due spin of nucleus. I suppose yes because NMR exists.
Perhaps, @Astronuc can comment on this.

Perhaps I will need help to buid the machine (I am sorry because the writting of the first post)

All nucleons have spin 1/2. There are hadrons with a higher spin but they are different particles. Nuclei can have higher spin.

NMR doesn't change the absolute spin, it just aligns the spin of many nuclei.
Javier Lopez said:
Note: there is a "theory" to avoid electron surface reaching light speed limit
What?

Javier Lopez said:
Could I have hundred times the ground state or there is a limit?
Is there a limit for excited magnetic momentum that if reached the nucleous explode or generate gammas?

I suppose If I excite it it would spin faster but proportional to quantum values. Note: there is a "theory" to avoid electron surface reaching light speed limit
Nuclear states are usually excited by neutrons, gammas, or high energy particles.
Here is a discussion of nuclear energy levels - http://www2.lbl.gov/abc/wallchart/teachersguide/pdf/Chap06.pdf

Likes Javier Lopez

Note: there is a "theory" to avoid electron surface reaching light speed limit
What?
Here is the classical theory that says that electron rotation violates speed light 137 times:
<< Unacceptable source deleted by the Mentors >>
Here is the theory explained in a simple manner that says that proton spin is real but electron not (I do not know if this theory is true or not, only I found it):
<< Unacceptable source deleted by the Mentors >>
What machine are you building?
I am building a small fusion reactor
It is a pity it is needed MeV particles to excite nucleons

Exist excited state tables with MeV and magnetic moments for protons, litium6, beryllium9 and 11 boron?

Last edited by a moderator:
Javier Lopez said:
Here is the classical theory that says that electron rotation violates speed light 137 times:
http://www.electronspin.org/1.htm
It would violate the laws of physics if the spin would come from a classical rotation. It does not.
Javier Lopez said:
Here is the theory explained in a simple manner that says that proton spin is real but electron not (I do not know if this theory is true or not, only I found it):
http://www7b.biglobe.ne.jp/~kcy05t/spin.html
That website is full of nonsense.

Thread closed for moderation.

Due to unacceptable sources, this thread will stay locked. Thank you to those who tried to help the OP.

Related to What are the magnetic states of nucleons?

What are the magnetic states of nucleons?

The magnetic states of nucleons refer to the different orientations of the magnetic moments of nucleons, which are the building blocks of atomic nuclei. There are two main magnetic states: parallel and antiparallel.

What determines the magnetic state of a nucleon?

The magnetic state of a nucleon is determined by its spin, which is an intrinsic property of the particle. Nucleons with a spin of 1/2 have two possible magnetic states: parallel and antiparallel, while nucleons with a spin of 0 only have one possible magnetic state: antiparallel.

How do the magnetic states of nucleons affect atomic nuclei?

The magnetic states of nucleons play a crucial role in determining the structure and stability of atomic nuclei. The interactions between nucleons in different magnetic states can either strengthen or weaken the overall binding energy of the nucleus.

Can the magnetic states of nucleons change?

Yes, the magnetic states of nucleons can change through various processes such as nuclear reactions or interactions with external magnetic fields. However, the spin of a nucleon itself remains constant.

What are the practical applications of understanding the magnetic states of nucleons?

Understanding the magnetic states of nucleons is essential in fields such as nuclear physics and materials science. It allows scientists to better understand the properties and behavior of atomic nuclei and develop technologies such as nuclear power and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).