What Are the Key Concepts in Solving Projectile Motion Problems?

In summary, the conversation discusses the launch of a projectile at an angle of 45.0 degrees above the horizontal with a landing time of 3.69 seconds and the calculation of its initial velocity and components. It also mentions the calculation of the range, time of flight, and the need for assistance in solving the problem.
tahmed5
1. A projectile is launched at an angle of 45.0 degrees above the horizontal and lands at the same level from which it was launched 3.69 seconds later. The magnitude of the initial velocity is _____ m/s

2. If θo is the angle of elevation above the horizontal at which a projectile is launched, the horizontal component of its initial velocity is given by _______.

a. gsin(θo)
b. vocos(θo)
c. vosin(θo)
d. gcos(θo)

3. A projectile is launched at an angle of 41.1 degrees above the horizontal with an initial speed of 205 m/s and lands at the same level from which it was launched. The range is 145 meters. The time of flight is _____ m/s.

I really don't know how to work these or find the answer. If somebody could please help me!

Physics news on Phys.org
try drawing the vector of the initial velocity and its x and y components

I tried. I don't even know how to work it out. If somebody could work it out and find the answer so I can see how, I'd really appreciate it.

sorry, but they don't like it when we just give the answer here :)

does your teacher have any examples of drawing vectors and their components? Try looking at those for reference.

i've tried looking at everything. i am very bad at math... that's why i came to seek help on this forum.

if you could please help me find the answers. i really need to answer these questions very soon. i am in desperate need.

I'm really sorry but I can't just give you the answers, that's not what this forum is for. This forum is for people to get help solving problems themselves, sorry.

this picture should help get you started, though

velocity_zpseea7ce68.png

Related to What Are the Key Concepts in Solving Projectile Motion Problems?

1. What is projectile motion?

Projectile motion is the motion of an object that is launched into the air, moving under the influence of gravity and air resistance. It follows a curved path called a parabola.

2. What are the factors that affect projectile motion?

The factors that affect projectile motion include the initial velocity, the angle of launch, the mass of the object, and the force of gravity.

3. What is the difference between horizontal and vertical components of projectile motion?

The horizontal component of projectile motion is the motion along the x-axis, while the vertical component is the motion along the y-axis. The horizontal component remains constant, while the vertical component is affected by gravity.

4. How do you calculate the range of a projectile?

The range of a projectile is the horizontal distance it travels before hitting the ground. It can be calculated using the formula R = (v02 * sin2θ) / g, where v0 is the initial velocity, θ is the angle of launch, and g is the acceleration due to gravity.

5. What is the maximum height reached by a projectile?

The maximum height reached by a projectile can be calculated using the formula h = (v02 * sin2θ) / 2g, where v0 is the initial velocity, θ is the angle of launch, and g is the acceleration due to gravity. It is the highest point on the parabolic path that the projectile follows.