What Are the Differences and Solutions for Automata Theory Language Constraints?

In summary, the speaker is currently studying Automata Theory and is seeking help with answering some questions. They have shared some images but they are too small to read. They have also posted some questions and their attempts at solving them, but they are not sure if they are correct. They are specifically looking for help with Q1(B) and Q2(B).
hamood_d10
Im currently studying Automata Theory and i have these questions that i want to answer
the problem I am not sure if i answer them currently
can anyone help me to solve them properly

IMG_0064.jpg

IMG_0065.jpg

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Mark44 said:
The images are tiny - too small to read.

sorry my bad i fix them

Pick one or at most two questions, and show us what you have done. We're not going to spoonfeed you the answers.

Q.NO1(A)
ab, aabb, aaabbb, aaaabbbb, aaaaaabbbbb.

Q.NO1(B)
aabb, aaabbb, aaaabbbb, aaaaaabbbbb, aaaaaaabbbbbb.

i don't know if they are right! also what it means by describe the language?

Q.NO7(A)
S → aSdd | A
A → bAc | bc

Q.NO7(B)
S → aSb | aSbb | λ

Im not sure about these or about the rest i really need help

Find a CFG that generates the language

Q1(A) - L(G) = { an bm | 0 ≤ n ≤ m ≤ 2n}
Q1(B) - L(G) = { an bm | 0 ≤ n, m}

WHATS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE Q1(A) AND Q1(B)?

ANSWER OF Q1(A) (IS IT RIGHT?)
S → aSb | aSbb | ^

ANSWER OF Q1(B)
??

Q2(A) - L(G) = { an bm cm d2n | n ≥ 0 , m > 0}
Q2(B) - L(G) = { an bm cm | n , m > 0}

WHATS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE Q2(A) AND Q2(B)?

ANSWER OF Q2(A) (IS IT RIGHT?)
S → aSdd | A
A → bAc | bc

ANSWER OF Q2(B)??

CAN YOU HELP ME ANSWER Q2(B) AND Q1(B) ?

Related to What Are the Differences and Solutions for Automata Theory Language Constraints?

1. What is automata theory?

Automata theory is a branch of theoretical computer science that studies abstract mathematical models of computation. It deals with the design and analysis of computational systems, such as finite state machines, pushdown automata, and Turing machines, and their capabilities and limitations.

2. What is the purpose of automata theory?

The purpose of automata theory is to understand the fundamental principles and mechanisms of computation, and to develop efficient and reliable methods for solving computational problems. It also serves as a foundation for other areas of computer science, such as formal languages, compilers, and artificial intelligence.

3. What are the main types of automata?

The main types of automata are finite state machines, pushdown automata, and Turing machines. Finite state machines are the simplest type and are used to recognize regular languages. Pushdown automata are more powerful and can recognize context-free languages. Turing machines are the most powerful and can solve any computable problem.

4. How is automata theory related to computer programming?

Automata theory provides the theoretical foundation for computer programming. It helps programmers understand the limitations and capabilities of different computational models, and how to design efficient algorithms and data structures for solving specific problems. It also plays a crucial role in the analysis and verification of programs.

5. What are some real-world applications of automata theory?

Automata theory has various real-world applications, including natural language processing, speech recognition, DNA sequencing, and software verification. It is also used in the design of computer systems, such as compilers, operating systems, and network protocols. Additionally, automata theory has applications in fields such as robotics, biology, and physics.