What Are the Best Websites for Texas Instrument Calculators?

• Thread starter 1123581321
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Calculators
In summary: TI-89/In summary, Daniel likes HP calculators the best, while Fibonacci likes TI calculators the best.
what type of calculators do you like the best?

Fibonacci

Computer science news on Phys.org
Hewlett-Packard RPN calculators are my preference.

I'm very satisfied with my Texas Instruments Ti-84 Plus.
Good for the simple stuff, for more complicated calculations there's always Mathematica on my laptop.

The HP 28S I bought 17 years ago has been the only calculator I ever needed and by far the best one I've ever used. I will be very sad when/if it ever dies on me.

imabug said:
The HP 28S I bought 17 years ago has been the only calculator I ever needed and by far the best one I've ever used. I will be very sad when/if it ever dies on me.
I have, and am still using my 28c. I got my original one in the fall of '86 about 3 months before the official release to market. I was writting a calculus how do manual for HP. This was pretty much the first calculator to do symbolic algebra and calculus.

I'm a great fan of the most powerful (and yet the most inefficient) computer in the whole world...the human brain

Daniel.

I think I bought my HP35 calculator back in 1973. It retailed for just over $400, but I was able to get a student discount, around $385. It was and is a wonderful instrument, but the off-on switch got a bit iffy and now the battery is gone. When I jumper a battery in, it comes back to life so maybe I'll fix it.

My HP85A computer did not fare so well. I wrote some rather original math for use in communications, finally chopped it up and gave it the deep six.

Pfft

imabug said:

I'm going with a 12 years old 48S ... still running as strong as ever.

I like the HP-48. But I'd also recommend the "Sicyon" and "Excalibur" computer calculator programs. They're excellent replacements for the abomination that comes with Windows, and they're free.

I'm on my fourth Sharp El581 and I'm struggling to find a better replacement for under £5.

Pfft said:
I think I bought my HP35 calculator back in 1973. It retailed for just over $400, but I was able to get a student discount, around $385. It was and is a wonderful instrument, but the off-on switch got a bit iffy and now the battery is gone. When I jumper a battery in, it comes back to life so maybe I'll fix it.

My HP85A computer did not fare so well. I wrote some rather original math for use in communications, finally chopped it up and gave it the deep six.

Pfft
I bought a (used) HP35 in the fall of '73 for $175, the guy I bought if from upgraded to a HP45, then a HP65. Some what later I bought a HP25 (my favorite one for size, wish I had waited till the HP25c came out), that was followed by a HP33 and HP34 and a HP71b, and finally the HP28c. Oh, yeah, living in Corvallis, where they were being manufactured, I had a friend who as an employee of HP could get insanely good prices on them. I still have the 35 stored way, and yes it still works. The 71b is also stored and working. The 28 remains my calculator of choice. Though I am tempted to get one of the newer, (not really) HPs.

I bought my TI-36X Solar in 1987 for maybe 35 bucks. It still works and gives me the statistics I want. I leave it on the window sill for the sun to shine on and it fires up like a charm. I wish the cars and other stuff I've bought during the same time frame worked as well.

I've been using a ti89 for about 6 years and it does everything I need. Great for games too. The best websites for Texas Instrument Calculators can be found here:

www.ticalc.org

Related to What Are the Best Websites for Texas Instrument Calculators?

What are the different types of favorite calculators?

Some popular types of favorite calculators include graphing calculators, scientific calculators, financial calculators, and basic calculators.

How do I choose the best calculator for my needs?

Consider what type of calculations you will be doing, the level of accuracy required, and any specific features you may need. For example, if you are a high school student taking advanced math classes, a graphing calculator would be a good choice.

What are some important features to look for in a favorite calculator?

Some important features to consider include the size and display of the calculator, the number of functions available, the battery life, and the overall durability and quality of the calculator.

Can a favorite calculator be used for both basic and advanced calculations?

Yes, many calculators have the capability to perform both basic and advanced calculations. However, some may be better suited for one type of calculation over the other.

How do I maintain and care for my favorite calculator?

To maintain your calculator, keep it clean and avoid exposing it to extreme temperatures or moisture. If possible, store it in a protective case when not in use. Also, make sure to replace the batteries regularly to ensure accurate calculations.