What are some recommended books on RNA and Graph Theory?

In summary, RNA is a molecule found in living cells that plays a role in protein synthesis and gene expression. Graph theory is a branch of mathematics that studies the properties and relationships of graphs. These two fields are related in the field of bioinformatics, where graph theory is used to model RNA structures and predict their functions. Some applications of RNA and graph theory in scientific research include studying RNA molecules, designing drugs and therapies, and understanding evolutionary relationships. There are also books specifically focused on the intersection of RNA and graph theory.
j95
Hey, I'm looking for any books that contain anything on RNA and Graph Theory, was hoping if anyone has any recommendations or can at least point me in the right direction. I've already read through the section on this topic in Goodaire and Parmenter's 'Discrete Mathematics with Graph Theory'. Thanks (and sorry if I've posted this in the wrong section, new here)

Mathematics news on Phys.org

Related to What are some recommended books on RNA and Graph Theory?

1. What is RNA?

RNA stands for ribonucleic acid and is a molecule found in all living cells. It plays a crucial role in protein synthesis and gene expression.

2. What is graph theory?

Graph theory is a branch of mathematics that studies the properties and relationships of graphs, which are mathematical structures used to model pairwise relations between objects.

3. How are RNA and graph theory related?

RNA and graph theory are related in the field of bioinformatics, which uses computational tools and techniques to analyze and interpret biological data. Graph theory is often used to model RNA structures and predict their functions.

4. What are some applications of RNA and graph theory in scientific research?

RNA and graph theory have various applications in scientific research, including studying the structure and function of RNA molecules, designing new drugs and therapies for diseases, and understanding the evolutionary relationships between species.

5. Are there any books specifically about RNA and graph theory?

Yes, there are several books that focus on the intersection of RNA and graph theory, such as "RNA Structure and Folding: Biophysical Techniques and Prediction Methods" by David H. Mathews and "Graph Theory and Its Applications to Problems of Society" by Fred S. Roberts.