What are some potential topics for a FAQ on the Twin Paradox?

• Thread starter neopolitan
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Suggestion
In summary, the conversation discusses the need for a FAQ entry for the Twin Paradox and suggests several potential topics for such an entry. The speaker also mentions the possibility of opening sub-forums for these issues. Another participant mentions a useful resource for understanding the twin paradox.
neopolitan
mgb_phys said:
eit - no faq but wiki has quite a good overage of this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twin_paradox

Why no FAQ for the Twin Paradox?

There are a few topics for which a FAQ would be very useful. I'd suggest that the Twin Paradox would be a prime contender for its own FAQ entry with at least two explanations - ie a (visual) geometric explanation and a (mathematical) relativity of simultaneity explanation.

Another contender for my money would be why you can't get a velocity from "contracted length / dilated time" (and how length contraction and time dilation differ from Lorentz transformations). Similarly a FAQ entry on what "coordinate time" and "proper time" mean, along with their distance equivalents.

Another option would be to open up sub-forums for these hot-button issues. That would mean that rather than have twins discussed over and over again, because the earlier threads are not easily seen, a new arrival to the Special and General Relativity forums would see there is a specific area for "twin paradox discussions", and one for "time dilation and length contraction", and so on. Each of these could have their own FAQ.

I can't remember all the recurring themes off the top of my head, but I am sure some of the other regulars can.

cheers,

neopolitan

Physics news on Phys.org
There are already too many FAQ about twins. There are already too many conflicting answers of FAQ.

I always like http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/physics/Relativity/SR/TwinParadox/twin_paradox.html" for the twin paradox which points to the FAQ and a set of experimental tests verifying the SR calculation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to What are some potential topics for a FAQ on the Twin Paradox?

1. What is an administrative suggestion?

An administrative suggestion is a proposal or idea that is put forward to improve the efficiency or effectiveness of a certain administrative process or system. It may involve changes to procedures, policies, or resources in order to achieve a desired outcome.

2. How are administrative suggestions generated?

Administrative suggestions can be generated through various methods such as brainstorming sessions, employee feedback, data analysis, or benchmarking with other organizations. These suggestions may also come from external stakeholders such as customers or clients.

3. Who can make an administrative suggestion?

Anyone within an organization can make an administrative suggestion. This includes employees at all levels, as well as external stakeholders who have a vested interest in the organization's processes and outcomes. Many organizations also have specific channels or platforms in place for submitting administrative suggestions.

4. What happens after an administrative suggestion is made?

After an administrative suggestion is made, it is typically reviewed and evaluated by relevant stakeholders, such as managers, department heads, or a designated committee. If the suggestion is deemed feasible and beneficial, it may be implemented and further monitored for its impact.

5. How can administrative suggestions benefit an organization?

Administrative suggestions can bring about positive changes to an organization by streamlining processes, improving communication and collaboration, reducing costs, and enhancing overall efficiency. They can also lead to increased employee engagement and satisfaction, as well as improved customer or client experiences.